|Damage Type||Cut Damage|
Charge Blade (チャージアックス) is a weapon category in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Like all Weapons, it features a unique moveset and an upgrade path that branches out depending on the materials used. Please see Weapon Mechanics for details on the basics of your hunter tools.
Charge Blade Weapon Tree
For full details, please see Charge Blade Weapon Tree
Charge Blade Traits & Abilities
- A complex weapon with a sword & shield form and a axe form that both use a phial system.
- Sword & shield form strikes a balance between mobility, defense, and attack.
- Axe form trades out defense for powerful attacks, good reach, and the phial's bonus.
- Sword & shield from builds up charge that can be stored into phials and unleashed in axe form.
Charge Blade Guide
The most complicated melee weapon in the game, the Charge Blade has two forms and a phial system. Sword & Shield form is the default form and has a nice blend of mobility, defense, and attack. It's combos revolve around alternating between swift and charge strikes with the sword with the occasional shield jab. The main goal of sword & shield form is to build up charge by hitting the monster, and then storing the charge into the phials. The phials are then used in axe form. Axe form has impressive reach and a bit of mobility, but it's true power comes from the phials. Some axe attacks use phials, and cause explosions when they impact. The Charge blade only has 5 phials, so these explosive attacks are limited. A third option is also available, where instead of unleashing the phials in the axe, they are used to energize the shield. An energized shield causes phial damage when you block and jab with it, and certain sword attacks will also have the phial's explosive bonus. If a hunter can build up more phials before the shield's energy wears off, they can unleash all phials and the shield's energy in a massive explosion while in axe form.
Charge Blade Advantages
- Sword & Shield form is versatile
- Axe form is capable of massive damage
- Phial can be accessed in both forms and provide anything from extra damage to stunning power
Charge Blade Disadvantages
- Complex moveset takes time to learn
- Flustered hunters can mess up their combos in a pinch
Charge Blade Controls
|All Charge Blades Alphabetical|