Felynes are small bipedal cat creatures. They are sentient, and form small tribal communities in the wilderness but many felynes join human communities and usually work as servants, cooks and craftsmen. Felynes that accompany hunters are called palicos.
- Palicos can be outfitted with Weapons and Armor that you make for them in Crafting
- They can be leveled up according to traits and roles you wish for them to serve
- In combat, they can support you with offensive and defensive maneuvers
- They can serve as harvesting helpers for gathering Items in the wild
- They can communicate with local wild cats and convince them to help hunters by setting traps
- Only one Palico can be brought on a quest, but the Palico can temporarily recruit wild cats and small monsters to help
- Palicos can be equiped with gadgets that give powerful bonuses on command
- Vigorwasp Spray: The Palico pulls out a vigorwasp and rides it towards the hunter. It then explodes, healing the hunter.
- Flashfly Cage: The Palico pulls out a cage with a flashfly in it. The hunter can then hit the cage to create a large flash.
- Shieldspire: The Palico pulls out a shield with a face on it. The Palico then taunts the monster into attacking it while using the shield to stay alive.