|Damage Type||Shot (Ammo) Damage|
Light Bowgun (ライトボウガン) is a weapon category in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Like all Weapons, it features a unique moveset and an upgrade path that branches out depending on the materials used. Please see Weapon Mechanics for details on the basics of your hunter tools.
Light Bowgun Weapon Tree
For full details, please see Light Bowgun Weapon Tree
Light Bowgun Traits & Abilities
- Fast fire rate and short to moderate range
- Varitiy of ammo types with special effects
- High mobility
Light Bowgun Guide
Light Bowgun Advantages
- Wide varity of ammo for applying various status effects
- High rate of fire
- Great mobility
Light Bowgun Disadvantages
- Has to craft their own ammo
- Low damage per shot
- Unable to block
- Long Barrel: Slight increase to damage
- Silencer: Attracts less attention from the monster.
Note: What ammo hunters can use varies with the bowgun they are using.
- Normal: A standard single shot. Comes in levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Pierce: A straight shot that pierces through monsters to hit them multiple times. Comes in levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Pellet: A short ranged shotgun blast. Comes in levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Crag: Shots lodge themselves into the target and then explodes. High damage, and can stun. Comes in levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Clust: Is lobbed at the target, and fragments into three explosive shells on impact. Comes in levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Recover: Heals the target. Ideally used on fellow hunters. Comes in levels 1 and 2.
- Poison: Inflicts poison on the target. Comes in levels 1 and 2.
- Paralysis: Inflicts Paralysis on the target. Comes in levels 1 and 2.
- Sleep: Inflicts sleep on the target. Comes in levels 1 and 2.
- Exhaust: Drains the target's stamina. Comes in levels 1 and 2.
- Flaming: Does fire damage.
- Water: Does water damage.
- Thunder: Does thunder damage.
- Freeze: Does ice damage.
- Dragon: Does dragon damage.
- Tranq: Used to capture monsters. Functions just like Tranq bombs.
- Paint: Marks the monster so it shows up on the map. Functions just like Paintballs.
Special rounds recharge over time. Some can be used before they are fully recharge but to reduced effect. What special round a hunter has is determined by their bowgun, and every bowgun has only one spcial round.
- Wyvernblast: Has three charges. Spending a charge plants a mine on the ground with a jet of gas coming out the top and three mines can be deployed at one time. Firing through the jet of gas will cause it to explode and damage nearby targets. The mine can detonate multiple times before it wears off.
Light Bowgun Controls
|All Light Bowguns Alphabetical|