A new subspecies to the ferocious Glavenus, the Acidic Glavenus features a sulphur covered tail. Found only in the rotting areas of the New World, a corrosive fluid has crystallized on its tail, spraying acid with each swing that can apply a debuff to those that get caught in it.
Acidic Glavenus Details & Locations
- Found in: Rotten Vale
- Target of Quests: The Disintegrating Blade, The Purr-fect Room: Light Iron, This Corroded Blade, Special Arena: MR Acidic Glavenus,
- Is not hostile unless you stay in it's way for too long, or it sees you fighting with another monster.
- Has Turf Wars with: Diablos, Black Diablos, Odogaron, Ebony Odogaron, Tigrex, Brute Tigrex, Zinogre, Stygian Zinogre, Rathalos, Azure Rathalos.
- Size: 2135.20 ~ 2846.93
- Species: Brute Wyverns
- HP: ~19,136
Acidic Glavenus Combat Info
- Can inflict Defense Down when tail is in debuffed state.
- Tail deals more damage when sharpened, but loses its debuff.
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: Head/Tail
- Orange: Body/Back
- White: Legs
- Enraged mode: Tail flip attack goes a second time when enraged
- Attacks will bounce off it's tail when it is crystallized, but the tail will become a weakpoint once it is sharpened.
- You can obtain Shiny Drops by attacking it's head.
- Just like regular Glavenus, both the tail and tail end can be broken, the tail end will be cut while
the body of the tail will be damaged.
- It switches from weak to resistant to Dragon when it crystallizes it's tail.
Acidic Glavenus Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Acidic Glavenus Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Acidic Glavenus Carves
|Acidic Glavenus Shard||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||31%|
|Acidic Glavenus Cortex||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐||24%|
|Acidic Glavenus Hardfang||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐||19%|
|Acidic Glavenus Spineshell||Master Rank⭐⭐||14%|
|Honed Acidcryst (Dropped)||Master Rank⭐||0% (50%)|
|Acidic Glavenus Tailedge (Tail Carved)||Master Rank⭐||9% (70%)|
|Glavenus Mantle (Tail Carved)||Master Rank⭐||3% (5%)|
Acidic Glavenus Rewards
|Acidic Glavenus Shard (Break Forelegs/Head)||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐||31% (70% / 32%)|
|Acidic Glavenus Cortex (Break Back/Forelegs)||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐||24% (35% / 30%)|
|Honed Acidcryst||Master Rank⭐⭐||14%|
|Acidic Glavenus Hardfang (Break Head)||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐||19% (65%)|
|Acidic Glavenus Spineshell (Break Back)||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐||14% (65%)|
|Acidic Glavenus Tailedge||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐||9%|
|Dragonvein Solidbone||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐||63%|
|Honed Tailblade||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐||37%|
|Spiritvein Solidbone||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||28%|
|Tempered Tailblade||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||28%|
|Spiritvein Gem||Master Rank ⭐⭐||13%|
Acidic Glavenus Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Acidic Glavenus Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- It is known as the "Sulfuric Cutting Wyvern".
- According to developers at SDCC, Acidic Glavenus' tail is based on a katana or longsword, whereas normal Glavenus' tail is based on a Greatsword.
Alatreon ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Frostfang Barioth ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros