A powerful beast from another world. Its large horns and muscular frame defy nature. Unique strategies are required to battle it.
Behemoth Details & Locations
- Found in: Elder's Recess, ??
- Target of Quest: He Taketh It With His Eyes
- Is immediately hostile at any range
- Attacks other monsters: ??
- Small Monsters version: none
- Sizes: ♛ ?? ~ ♛ ??
- Species: Elder Dragons
Talk to the Serious Handler in Astera after defeating the main story to add the new special mission “A Visitor From Another World”. Players will go to Wildspire Wastes and follow the Cactuars. The Cactuars can be caught and are worth 85 points. This will lead the players to slay a powered up Kulu-Ya-Ku. Afterwards, players will enjoy a cutscene leading them to Elder’s Recess to undertake another Special Assignment.
Notes: Monster can be mounted, but is immune to traps. If it lands on the player it will deal heavy damage. It will be a guaranteed giant crown. Several moves, such as the standard meteor and wind attacks, can be interrupted by a flash pod. Temporal mantle is recommended as many attacks are unblockable and others result in heavy chip damage, even with guard level 4.
Polar Behemoth Event Quest
“A Visitor from Eorzea (Extreme)”
- 9 ★ located in the Elder Recess
- Players must be HR 50 or higher
- Player must slay a Tempered Behemoth
- Players will obtain Behemoth Ticket to forge the new Drachen/Dragoon Layered Armor.
- This mission last from August 23rd to September 6th.
Behemoth Combat Info
- Deals Thunder and Fire Element Damage, and is resistant to both
- A Tank or Evasion Tank is absolutely essential to the run
- Lance, IG and shield users should tank the monster: Let the tank start to get aggro first. Do not engage until the tank has enmity confirmed by the combat text.
- Weak to Dragon, Water and Ice.
- Status weak to Paralysis and Sleep (gunners should have these two elements)
- The Horns and Tail, and claws can be broken
- Ecliptic meteor can be avoided by using the Dragoon Jump emote given to you, use right before the meteor collides with the ground(think old school FF rules)
- Bring healing items to help your teammates such as Lifepowder.
- Bring Large Barrel Bombs to place when it falls asleep.
- The boss summons COMETS. Your team should drop them in accessible areas of the arena.
- When the large meteor AOE comes, put the COMET between you and the middle of the arena where the large meteor will land. The floor turns red and the boss glows red as a signal.
- When Charybdis is cast, a player will be selected with a gust of wind similar to the starting of a Kushala Tornado. Move closer to a wall if possible to ensure that the team isn't affected during combat.
- If you are playing with randoms and your teammates are dropping tornados everywhere, you can use a Flashpod to stop the cast.
- Be aware that flashpods reset Enemity (aggro), so they should be used sparingly
- If you have played FF14 before you will notice that Behemoth has distinct skills that have areas to position your team in. - For example the Thunderbolt, standing either on the side, behind or in the spaces between his head and arm are the safest places to stand, unlike Kirin his lighting isn't as telegraphed, and CAN be spammed up to 3 times(from my experience) so the best place to stand when this happens is on the sides or behind. If you are his target it is better to stand in the spaces between his hand and arm or you risk wiping your team if he turns around suddenly on a teammate.
- Similar with Thundaga, his Eruption is the same 3 directions however it is telegraphed more clearly and is not used more than once at a time.
- Meteor can be blocked but chunks for a lot, it is better to super man dive or avoid completely.
- The player with Enmity should move Behemoth away from any tornados.
- If it stumbles, everyone focuses the same weak point they focused before, repeat until broken. If it sleeps, sleep bomb and have your range special shot the barrel if no GS/GL is present.
- Phase 1- The battle will start in the cave with 2 destructible stalactites each doing about 1.7k, this will be the easiest and quickest phase if you manage to get even one of them to hit behemoth, he will only use Meteor and Charybdis in this phase.
- Phase 2- He will run to the next zone, where the first person who enters with be met with a Charybdis cast or a meteor and most of the Enmity. in this phase he will use his skills more often and sometimes in rapid succession and his meteor will now target all hunters. he gains two new moves Thunderbolt and Comet. Thunderbolt can and usually is used 3 times in a row, but its possible to blind him and stop the triple cast. Once Comet falls you MUST make sure that at least one rock stays up to hide behind when he uses ecliptic meteor at the end of the phase or you will instantly be carted.
- Phase 3 - He will run again and there you will be met with objects that can be used to mount without an IG (Its not confirmed but I'm almost positive they cannot shield you from ecliptic meteor then even if they manage to stay up). same as phase 2 you must make sure at least one rock is up to have any chance of surviving at the end of the phase.
- Phase 4 - He will run one last time to the nergi nest, there here will stand waiting for you, both destructible walls are already broken down. similar to phase 2-3. you must survive yet again and this time finally kill him and carve from the remains.
- It is worth noting that if everyone leaves the zone he is currently in he will begin to regenerate health.
- He may flee into the zone with heat hazard, so bring cold drinks, if he does run to this zone, he may run back to his previous zone after the 3rd phase.
- The ecliptic meteor, while it is not map wide, it is far enough to reach all adjacent zones, you will not be able to run from the blast unless you somehow manage to get inside the tent if he comets near a camp zone you happen to be in.
Behemoth Mounting Cheese Method
- IMPORTANT: This method is very risky and could easily wipe your whole team if done incorrectly, however it is currently the fastest way to kill/repel behemoth(from my experience). I easily went from getting to phase 4 and my team getting wiped to, getting to phase 4 in the normal time it takes to get to phase 3 with the least about of worry for E.meteors or sudden carts.
- YOU WILL NEED: An IG user, a separate person with wide range and a lot of dash drinks, Brain.exe
- Its recommended to do this with a full premade party.
- Phase 1, hit behemoth with both stalactites, after that mount it as quickly as possible, the easiest way is usually when he is casting Charybdis. once mounted hold brace while your team dishes out damage to behemoth, do this for as long as possible
- To pseudo steer behemoth away from rocks you will need to jump on his back wait for him to try to knock you off then quickly move to his head, this will cause him to go in one direction twice. once he is safely away from the rocks proceed to jump back on his head and hold brace he will just move back and forth infinitely (or as long as you are on him)
- if you hold the dash drinks or are mount if possible find a way to notify your team that your mounter's stamina is getting low(skype, discord text/voice chat, etc.) so that he/she can stay on as long as possible.
- Its best to do this before he summons comets, as he is hard coded to summon comets at least 3 times before bringing down E.Meteor(Unconfirmed)
- Remember to run as quick as you can to the rocks, as soon as you seem him summon comets in a strange way(its hard to explain but trust me you will notice.)
- Repeat this phase 1 until you reach phase 4(See behemoth battle phase 4), and will have easily killed behemoth with little to no chance of getting carted.
- This method works outside of behemoth as well (Unconfirmed but its obvious it does.)
- Green: The neck and torso and upper back
- Red: the Forearms
- Orange: the Head and Tail
- White: the Hind legs(the back legs)
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Behemoth Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Behemoth Mane (dropped, carved)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Behemoth Bone||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Behemoth Tail (cut tail)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Behemoth Shearclaw (forelegs broken)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Behemoth Great Horn (Horn Broken)||High Rank⭐⭐|
Behemoth Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Behemoth Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- Behemoth is a Free DLC update in collaboration with FF14, however behemoth has had numerous appearances in other Final Fantasy games as well
Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Lunastra ♦ Nergigante ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Teostra ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Zorah Magdaros