A Vaal Hazak variant encrusted with spores that spew a torrent of toxic effluvium at any who draw close.
Blackveil Vaal Hazak Details & Locations
- Found in: Ancient Forest, Rotten Vale
- Target of Quests: Under the Veil of Death; Here Comes the Deathmaster; The Storm Brings the Unexpected; A Chilling Entrance; RE: Return of the Bioweapon; Tears from Nirvana
- Is docile until attacked.
- Has Turf Wars with : Odogaron, Ebony Odogaron, Savage Deviljho and Rajang.
- Size: 1843.95 ~ 2619.25
- Species: Elder Dragons
- HP : 27,520(Solo), 46,999(Duo), 70,176(3 or 4 players)
Blackveil Vaal Hazak Combat Info
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head
- Orange: Body/Spore Sacs
- White: Wings/Legs
- Green: Tail
- Slap: Slaps you with its front legs at close range.
- Charge: Lets out a short roar and charges forward surprisingly fast. Deals heavy damage, knocks you back and can stun.
- Bite: Swings its head in a sweeping motion to try to bite you. Moves forward slightly during the bite. It may follow up the bite with up to two more bites.
- Tail Sweep: Uses its tail to knock you back and potentially stun you.
- Spin: Turns its entire body 180 degrees, knocking anyone back caught by it. May follow it up with a tail sweep.
- Wild Effluvium Beam: Gathers power for a short duration to shoot a beam of effluvia in a very erratic pattern. Deals high damage, can stun.
- Sweeping Effluvium Beam: Gathers Effluvium to sweep a fan shaped area in front of him with a continuous beam. Heavy damage, can stun.
- Downward Effluvium Beam: Gets up on his hind legs and gathers Effluvium to shoot the beam down right at its feet. Clouds of Effluvium will disperse from the center in multiple directions, dealing moderate damage and knocking you back on contact.
- Retreating Effluvium Spew. Moves backwards while spewing clouds of effluvium. Deals high damage and knockback up close, deals chip damage at longer distances.
- Advancing Effluvium Beam: Slowly moves forward, sweeping the area in front of him with a beam of Effluvium.
- Effluvial Aura: It is constantly surrounded by an aura of Effluvium, dealing chip damage up close. Can be dispelled with an Elderseal weapon.
- Spore Clouds: The fungal growths on its body will periodically spit spores in all directions, dealing high chip damage. If his effluvial aura was dispelled, the fungal spit will stop too.
- Recover: Stands up on its hind legs and gathers all his lost Effluvium. If not interrupted, he will regain his Effluvium aura and regrow all its Fungi.
- Enraged mode: It stands up on its hind legs and roars while gathering its Aura of Effluvium. It then proceeds get back on all four feet, dealing minimal damage but knocking you back.
- Generally raises his attack speed and frequency.
- The fungi on his body will shoot more spores.
- Gains a unique attack where it hovers in the air briefly and bursts forth spore pods in every direction. The pressure from this explosion can knock the player back if they are too close to the epicenter, as well as getting hit by one of the spore pods (which can also stun the player). These spore pods will then explode, creating a thick fog in a large circle for 60s and will cause significant damage to players within it. This fog does stay fairly low to the ground, so elevating yourself (such as when mounting the monster, which causes it to fly) is one way to avoid this damage.
- The Fungal patches on its body can be broken.
- Effluvia Resistance 3 will prevent your health from being cut in half, also consider Nulberries if you can't fit Effluvia Resistance into your build.
- Is immune to flash effects until the spores coating its head are broken
- Repeatedly using the Slinger Burst to slam him into a wall will eventually result in a head break.
- Contact with the spores will occasionally alter the appearance and behavior of some small animals, such as wingdrakes, jagras, and aptanoths. They will appear gray/ashen and become aggressive.
Blackveil Vaal Hazak Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
Detailed weakness information(Legend Explanation: here)
Credits to AsteriskAmpersand, Deathcream and MoonBunnie.
Blackveil Vaal Hazak Master Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Blackveil Vaal Hazak Carves
|Deceased Shard (Dropped / Tail Carved)||Master Rank||33% (28% / 22%)|
|Vaal Hazak Cortex||Master Rank||22%|
|Vaal Hazak Hardclaw||Master Rank||18%|
|Shadowpierce Fang||Master Rank||14%|
|Vaal Hazak Fellwing||Master Rank||9%|
|Vaal Hazak Flail (Tail Carved only)||Master Rank||75%|
|Deathweaver Membrane (Dropped only)||Master Rank||50%|
|Vaal Hazak Gem||Master Rank||5%|
|Large Elder Dragon Gem (Tail Carved)||Master Rank||2% (3%)|
Blackveil Vaal Hazak Rewards
|Deceased Shard||Master Rank||30%|
|Vaal Hazak Cortex (Break Forelegs)||Master Rank||22% (20%)|
|Vaal Hazak Hardclaw (Break Forelegs)||Master Rank||14% (80%)|
|Vaal Hazak Fellwing (Break Chest)||Master Rank||11% (70%)|
|Shadowpierce Fang (Break Head)||Master Rank||8% (66%)|
|Deathweaver Membrane (Break Head/Chest)||Master Rank||9% (32% / 30%)|
|Vaal Hazak Flail (Tail Carved)||Master Rank||8%|
|Vaal Hazak Gem||Master Rank||5%|
|Large Elder Dragon Gem (Break Head)||Master Rank||2% (2%)|
|Elder Dragonvein Bone||Master Rank||63%|
|Large Elder Dragon Bone||Master Rank||8%|
|Pure Dragon Blood||Master Rank||12%|
|Twilight Fang||Master Rank||37%|
|Elder Spiritvein Bone||Master Rank||33%|
|Tempered Twilight Fang||Master Rank||64%|
|Great Spiritvein Gem||Master Rank||3%|
Blackveil Vaal Hazak Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Blackveil Vaal Hazak Monster. These are unconfirmed and pre-release information for now!
Notes & Trivia
- It is known as the "Smoke Effluvium Corpse Coating Dragon".
- As of now, it has the longest title out of any monster in the game.
- Can fly, but curiously only does when you mount it and briefly while performing its ultimate attack.
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Alatreon ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fatalis ♦ Frostfang Barioth ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros