|Location||Astera - Tradeyard North|
The Botanical Research is a group of NPC in Monster Hunter World (MHW). NPCs are non-playable characters that interact with the Hunter during the story or optional activities in game.
The Botanical Research Center allows the Hunter to cultivate various items thanks to the study of the Ancient Tree.
Quests & Services
This Facility investigates the local vegetation, monsters, and creatures of the New World. It is set in an ecosystem that surrounds the gigantic Ancient Tree located immediately west of Astera. At present, the Chief Botanist is dutifully studying that tree. The cultivation of plants, insects, and mushrooms is accelerated by the Ancient Tree's overflowing life force.
- The Botanical Research is composed of 2 NPCs: Chief Botanist and Laid-back Botanist
- Chief Botanist lets the Hunter manage the culture, the harvest box and the fertilizers.
Once an item is gathered in the field, it's possible to cultivate it and produce items while out questing.
- Some Items have to be unlocked via Optional Quests to be cultivated.
- You can have up to 4 items cultivating (allows duplicates) and expand the harvest box up to 50 slots.
|Harvest Box Upgrade (+10)||To Hold a Harvest delivery
Aqua Sac x2 + 300 RP
|Harvest Box Upgrade (+10)||Your Storage Solution delivery
Torrent Sac x1 + 1000 RP
|Harvest Box Upgrade (+10)||Greetings from the Tundra 1 optional quest|
|Harvest Box Upgrade (+10)||Looking For That Glimmer 2 optional quest|
|Culture Slot (+1)||Persistent Pests ★4 optional quest|
|Culture Slot (+1)||Talons of Ire and Ice ★7 optional quest|
|Culture Slot (+1)||Secret of the Ooze 3 optional quest|
Nulberry, Might Seed, Adamant Seed, Antidote Herb, Fire Herb, Flowfern,
Snow Herb, Sleep Herb, Smokenut, Dragonfell Berry, Ivy, Blastnut,
Dragonstrike Nut, Slashberry, Bomberry, Flamenut, Blazenut
|Prickly Predicament ★3 optional quest|
Mandragora, Nitroshroom, Devil's Blight, Parashroom,
Toadstool, Exciteshroom, Chillshroom, Flashbug,
Godbug, Thunderbug, Baitbug, Spider Web
|Royal Relocation ★4 optional quest|
Fertilizers allows for more items to be cultivated, faster culture and extending current fertilization duration. Can only fertilize once between each quest. The (S) effects stack until (L) if used while one is already up. The Growth Up effect means that items requiring more than 1 quest to be cultivated will be cultivated faster, it has no effect otherwise.
|Fertilizer||-||Plant Harvest UP (S)||3||100|
|Mushroom Substrate||-||Fungi Harvest Up (S)||3||100|
|Summoner Jelly||-||Bug/Honey Harvest Up (S)||3||100|
|Catalyst||Sprouting an Ancient Tree
Coral Bone x1 + 500RP
|Growth Up (S)||4||300|
★6 optional quest: Hard To SwallowGrow, Greenery, Grow
Great Jagras Hide+ x1 + 600RP
|Plant Harvest UP (L)||4||250|
|Choice Mushroom Substrate||
★6 optional quest: A Crown of Mud and Anger
|Fungi Harvest Up (L)||4||250|
|Thick Summoner Jelly||
★6 Optional Quest: Say Cheese!
|Bug/Honey Harvest UP (L)||4||250|
★6 Optional Quest: The Sleeping Sylvan Queen
|Growth Up (L)||4||500|
Complete all other fertilizer delivery quests to unlock
|Extend existing effect duration by 5.||5||600|
Role in Main Story
- The Botanical Research has no role in the main story line.
- The Botanical Research is part of the Third Fleet.
- The three baskets at the Botanical Research show how full the Harvest boxes are.
- A particular characteristic of the Ancient Tree is that it draws from the surrounding plant life to grow. As a result, it is natural that many bugs gather in it and that it bears fruit. However, it is thought that there must be a special reason for the gigantic size and rapid growth.