Eat or be Eaten in Monster Hunter World (MHW) Iceborne is an Observation Log. Observation Logs are given by the Lynian Researcher located in Seliana which requires a Hunter to capture different photos for him.
They say fishing brings peace and tranquility to a person's heart, and surely Plunderers are no strangers to this sensation, which explains why they can sometimes be seen angling at night. I do hope they are aware that fishing during acid rain is extremely dangerous, for it brings out the larger and more aggressive creatures of the deep...
Eat or be Eaten Information
- Angling for a large fish
- 1 subject - Any direction
- Captured as large as possible
- Sighting Info:
- Locale: Area 12 / Area 15
- Weather: Acid Rain
- Time: Night
Eat or be Eaten Notes
- There's a couple different animation sets for the cat fishing, the one you want is when the cat reels a very large fish, which causes big waves and splashes before diving then surfacing and eating the cat. Taking the photo at any point during the struggle reeling in the large fish awards the gold.
- To easily cycle through the animation sets, you can travel back to camp then return to the photo spot and it will reset the animation cycle, so you can reroll for the big fish animation.
- It suffices to take a photo of the cat fishing for silver award.