A Barioth variant capable of spewing a sub-zero breath attack that it uses to slow down prey. Be careful, as this attack can freeze you as well.
Frostfang Barioth Details & Locations
- Found in: Hoarfrost Reach
- Target of Quests: The Last White Knight, Old Dog, New Trick, USJ: Ballet of Frost.
- Is hostile when approached (will roar once as a warning).
- Attacks other monsters: Yes, Shares all Turf wars with regular Barioth. Will also feed off small Monsters.
- Size: 1846.47 ~ 2622.89
- HP: 21,000 (22,000 if tempered).
Frostfang Barioth Combat Info
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: Head
- Orange: Body/Hindlegs
- White: Forelegs/Wings
- Green: Tail
- Enraged mode: Eyes switch from blue to orange. Attacks more ferociously and more often
- You can obtain a Shiny Drops by attacking the Head and Wings, plus with a wallbang
- The general Strategy should be to break it's wings as early as possible and go from there.
- Breaking its wings will make it stagger after many attacks, creating openings for damage
- Breaking both of its fangs will weaken its frosty breath. If flinched, it may shoot out a breath of ice upon recovering. Thaw out any icy patches on the ground with Torch Pods.
- Generally, try to stay close to its wings or head to avoid the freezing Breath. This does not apply when Frostfang Barioth roars once and jumps backwards.
- The head / teeth can be broken twice. Doing so will decrease the time you are stuck in the Frostbreath when you step in it.
- Wearing an Iceproof Mantle will also decrease the time you are stuck in place.
- Generally avoid using the Rocksteady mantle, as you will still get stuck in place, but never get any I-frames.
- Enraged mode:
- The Super Slam now happens twice. If you get hit by the first one, stay down.
- Frostfang Barioth will also combo many of his Frostbreath attacks in pairs together. Always be on your guard.
Frostfang Barioth Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
Frostfang Barioth Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Frostfang Barioth Carves
|Large Wyvern Gem||⭐|
|Barioth Lash (Tail)||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Large Wyvern Gem (Tail)||⭐⭐|
|Silversnow Pelt (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Large Wyvern Tear (Dropped)||⭐⭐|
Frostfang Barioth Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Frostfang Barioth Monster. These are unconfirmed and pre-release information for now!
Notes & Trivia
- Its name may be a reference to Frostfang, a Barioth who acts as Avinia's partner in Monster Hunter Stories.