Fun Fright Fest is a seasonal festival in Monster Hunter World (MHW). During the Fun Fright Fest, players will enjoy discounted pricing, additional quest rewards, increased availability of Event Quests, and more.
Fun Fright Fest Content
The Fun Fright Fest might just be the last new seasonal event in Monster Hunter World. It comes in the wake of the final title update for the game, almost exactly one year after the release of Iceborne. The Lunar Terrace will be decked out with a Halloween aesthetic, and the Handler will receive a Cute Demoness outfit with unique hair throughout the event.
There are two special rafting materials for the event: the Fun Fright Ticket and the VIP Fun Fright Ticket. The first is acquired easily through daily bounties, and used to craft the “normal” armor with stats and Decoration slots. Whereas the other is used for Layered Armor and other cosmetics, like in-game furniture.
The "harvest" event happens in Astera, the "fun fright" in Seliana. logging in gives you harvest and Fun Fright tickets.
For a limited time, the Lunar Terrace and its staff will serve all hunters in spooky seasonal outfits.
A special seasonal platter will also be available, packed with fresh ingredients. These ingredients are on the house!
Get the Handler and your Poogie into the spirit of things with special outfits! Check the Notice Board or the official site for the Fun Fright Fest availability.
The Handler's special outfit is only available during the event. To change outfits, talk to the Housekeeper and select "Change the Handler's Outfit". The Poogie's seasonal outfits can still be used even after the event ends.
During the Fun Fright Fest, many facilities and features provide some extra perks!
- During a fest, each facility features daily sales.
2. Event Quests
- Event quests available only during the Fun Fright Fest and other challenge quests are available.
- In addition, during a fest, most of the past event quests are available again! If you missed out the first time, make sure to try again for a chance at special equipment!
3. Login Bonus
- Not only will you get two Lucky Vouchers during a fest instead of one, you'll also receive a special Fun Fright Ticket!
4. Limited Bounties
- Weekly Limited Bounties will change on a daily basis during fests, and will reward you with Snowman items or Fun Fright Tickets.
- Snowman is a consumable item. Use them when you're out on a quest or expedition. You can craft more of them by using a Fun Fright Ticket when talking to the Elder Melder.
5. VIP Fun Fright Tickets
- During the event, you can obtain VIP Fun Fright Tickets from Low Level Hunter Helper Rewards, or from the Special Rewards from master rank quests and expeditions!
- Also, if you have the Demonlord a + armor equipped and activate its bonus skill, you have a much greater chance to get tickets from the rewards!
- Some layered armor, charms, and decor can only be forged with these special tickets, so don't miss out!
- Help out at the Steamworks during the event to obtain special Complimentary Items!
7. Lynian Observatory
- New research requests have been added! Talk to the Lynian Researcher to find out more!
8. Room Decor
- New room decor was added in celebration of the Fun Fright Fest! Check it out by speaking to the Housekeeper in your Seliana room.