Kushala Daora is an Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter World (MHW). クシャルダオラ (鋼龍) in Japanese.
An elder dragon that shields itself with fierce winds, preventing anyone from approaching it. Its skin consists of hard, metallic scales.
Kushala Daora Details & Locations
- Found in: Ancient Forest, Elder's Recess
- Kushala Daora is not initially hostile and will allow you to get very close.
- During investigations, has 0 hostility until damage is taken. Wind will burst out from Kushala occasionally; this will stagger you but deal no damage.
- Attacks other monsters: Yes, has turf wars with Teostra, Lunastra, and Nergigante.
- Small Monsters version: n/a
- Sizes: ♕ 1683.55 ~ ♕ 2391.41
- Species: Elder Dragon
Kushala Daora Combat Info
- Deals physical damage.
- Weak to Thunder and Dragon.
- Susceptible to Poison and Blast.
- Weakest in the head, followed by the forelegs and tail. All of them can be broken.
- Similarly to other entries in the series, can be locked into a state of repeated knockdowns by targeting the head with heavy dragon elemental damage.
- Limps and then flies to highest point on Elder's Recess/Ancient Forest.
- Can generate a Wind aura around itself that repels anyone that gets close.
- Wind resistance skills have limited effects. Windproof III can negate the knockback from its normal wind attacks, but not its enraged state.
- Can generate tornados of "presumed" air pressure that deal damage to players in the center, and knock players back in the surrounding area.
- The Hunting Horn melody Wind Pressure Negated can be used to similar effect as described of Windproof III above. The melody All Wind Pressure Negated can be used to counter both normal air attacks and those of its enraged mode
- After resting status it will summon numerous tornados.
- Will shoot jets of air at players. Do not underestimate the hitbox, as a full charged is fairly wide.
- Easiest way to defeat is to bring flash pods and 10 flash insects, wait until he flies and flash him, he will fall to the ground and be open.
- Beware: Flash Pods shouldn't be used when the Dragon takes off to fly to its nest. Let it go to sleep and set up bombs! Flash pods also won't have any effect when the Dragon is in a tornado.
- Combat in his sleeping area will eventually fill up with tornadoes that impede movement and makes combat much more difficult to position. Either kill him quickly, or get him to leave the area (through damage or after about 5 minutes of combat).
- Tempered Kushala Daora can only be flashed 4 times.
Kushala Daora Weakness
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Kushala Daora Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Kushala Daora Carves ALL HIGH RANK
Kushala Daora Rewards ALL HIGH RANK
|Daora Dragon Scale +||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Daora Claw +||⭐⭐⭐|
|Elder Dragon Bone||⭐⭐|
|Elder Dragon Blood||⭐⭐⭐|
|Daora Gem (break head, break tail)||⭐||6% Silver Reward and 13% Gold Reward|
|Elder Dragonvein Bone||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Elder Spiritvein Bone||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Great Spiritvein Gem||⭐|
Kushala Daora Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Kushala Daora Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- As of Monster Hunter World, poisoning it does not negate its wind shield. It should be noted the closest replacement to this is to use a weapon with a high Elderseal value.
- Kushala Daora is known as the "Steel Dragon."
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros