Kushala Daora is an Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter World (MHW). クシャルダオラ (鋼龍) in Japanese.
An elder dragon that shields itself with fierce winds, preventing anyone from approaching it. Its skin consists of hard, metallic scales.
Kushala Daora Details & Locations
- Found in: Ancient Forest, Elder's Recess
- Kushala Daora is not initially hostile and will allow you to get very close.
- During investigations, has 0 hostility until damage is taken
- Attacks other monsters: Yes, has turf wars with Teostra, Lunastra, and Nergigante.
- Small Monsters version: n/a
- Sizes: ♕ 1683.55 ~ ♕ 2391.41
- Species: Elder Dragon
Kushala Daora Combat Info
- Deals physical damage.
- Weak to Thunder and Dragon.
- Susceptible to Poison and Blastblight.
- Weakest in the head, followed by the forelegs and tail. All of them can be broken.
- Similarly to other entries in the series, can be locked into a state of repeated knockdowns by targeting the head with heavy dragon elemental damage.
- Limps and then flies to highest point on Elder's Recess/Ancient Forest.
- Can generate a Wind aura around itself that repels anyone that gets close.
- Wind resistance skills have no effect. Knockback resistance can help.
- Can generate tornados of "presumed" air pressure that deal damage when contacting them.
- After resting status it will summon numerous tornados.
- Will shoot jets of air at players. Do not underestimate the hitbox, as a full charged is fairly wide.
- Easiest way to defeat is to bring flash pods and 10 flash insects, wait until he flies and flash him, he will fall to the ground and be open.
- Beware: Flash Pods shouldn't be used when the Dragon takes off to fly to its nest. Let it go to sleep and set up bombs! Flash pods also won't have any effect when the Dragon is in a tornado.
- Combat in his sleeping area will eventually fill up with tornadoes that impede movement and makes combat much more difficult to position. Either kill him quickly, or get him to leave the area (through damage or after about 5 minutes of combat).
- Tempered Kushala Daora can only be flashed 4 times.
Kushala Daora Weakness
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Kushala Daora Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Kushala Daora Carves ALL HIGH RANK
Kushala Daora Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Kushala Daora Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- As of Monster Hunter World, poisoning him does not negate his wind shield. It should be noted the closest replacement to this is to use a weapon with a high Elderseal value.
- Kushala Daora is known as the "Steel Dragon"
Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Nergigante ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Teostra ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Zorah Magdaros