Natural Recovery Up
Natural Recovery Up is a Status Effect in Monster Hunter World (MHW). This effect boosts the natural regeneration of recoverable Health, denoted as the red portion of the Health bar.
Natural Recovery Up Effect
Regeneration of recoverable Health is increased - this effect is modified by the Recovery Speed Skill.
Some sources of this effect stack together, and effect duration varies with source.
Note that natural recovery is stopped by sources of continuous damage such as the Bleeding Status Ailment, extreme heat in the Elder's Recess, and acid pools and effluvium in the Rotten Vale. These can be countered with Items like Astera Jerky and Cool Drinks or the Heat Guard and Effluvial Expert Skills.
Activating & Stacking Natural Recovery Up
Base natural recovery is 1 Health Point per 1.5 second tick. Sources from Items halve the time between ticks, effectively multiplying ALL recovery by 2. Other sources simply raise HP recovered per tick, with varying effect durations.
Effects are described below in terms of bonus HP per normal 1.5s tick.
- Recovering from Bleeding by crouching for a short time (30 seconds)
- Recovery speed (S) from Hunting Horns (+2 HP per tick for 180 seconds, or 320 seconds if extended)
- Recovery speed (L) from Hunting Horns (+3 HP per tick for 180 seconds, or 320 seconds if extended)
- Coral Cheerhorn Palico Gadget (+2 HP per tick for 120 seconds)
- Astera Jerky (2x all recovery for 60 seconds)
- Great Sushifish Scale (2x all recovery for 5 minutes)
- Immunizer (2x all recovery for 5 minutes)
- Consuming Devil's Blight or Toadstool with the Mushroomancer Skill (2x all recovery for 2 minutes)
In addition to these effects, there is also the Recovery Speed Skill, which simply quarters the current time between ticks, effectively multiplying ALL recovery by 4.
The formula for stacking recovery speed effects is as follows:
(Base Recovery + Horn (S) + Horn (L) + Cheerhorn) * Item Effect * Skill Effect
This means that, in theory, the maximum natural Health recovery possible is:
(1 Base + 2 Horn (S) + 3 Horn (L) + 2 Cheerhorn) * 2 Item * 4 Skill = 64 HP per 1.5s interval
42.666 HP per second