Offensive Guard is a Skill in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (MHW:IB).
Offensive Guard Effect
Offensive Guard is increased in level based on the amount of Equipment with this skill the hunter is using. Each level works as follows:
- Level 1: While active increases attack power by 5%
- Level 2: While active increases attack power by 10%
- Level 3: While active increases attack power by 15%
In order to execute a perfect guard you have to activate the guard in a short window before the attack hits the shield. Lance counter-thrusts and Charge Blade guard points can also count as perfect guards if timed correctly.
All weapons with a shield can perform perfect guards including Heavy Bowgun with shield mods.
Equipment that grants Offensive Guard
You can increase the level of Offensive Guard by equipping the following items.
- Guardian Jewel 2 (x1)
- Guardian/Attack Jewel 4 (x1)
- Guardian/Evasion Jewel 4 (x1)
- Guardian/Expert Jewel 4 (x1)
- Guardian/Handicraft Jewel 4 (x1)
- Guardian/Physique Jewel 4 (x1)
- Guardian/Release Jewel 4 (x1)