Poison Ammo is an Ammo type in Monster Hunter World (MHW); it comes in two levels.
When fired from a Bowgun, Poison Ammo releases a single projectile which deals Poison buildup damage to a target.
All levels of Poison Ammo have the following basic properties:
- Buildup caused by Poison Ammo triggers the Poison Ailment on a Monster, which deals damage over time.
- While Blademaster weapons have a 1/3 chance of causing buildup with each hit, it is guaranteed with each shot of Poison Ammo. Level 1 does about as much buildup as a Weapon with 400 Poison damage, while level 2 does about twice as much.
- Buildup is modified by the Poison Attack Skill. It is not affected by Attack, and is only affected by Affinity with the Critical Status Skill active.
- Raw (physical) Damage of each projectile negligible due to a very low Combo Move multiplier. See Attack Power for more information.
- Some Bowguns can fire Poison Ammo in rapid-fire or quick-reload modes.
See the articles for Light Bowgun and Heavy Bowgun for more information on Poison and other ammo types.
See Bowgun Ammo for a quick list of Bowgun Ammo types.
See Status Effects for more information on Poison and other Blights and Ailments
Poison Ammo 1 Description:
Poisons a target, but may require several shots.
Poison Ammo 2 Description:
Enhanced ammo that inflicts poison. Some targets require multiple shots.
How to Acquire Poison Ammo:
All levels of Poison Ammo can be crafted, while only level 1 can be bought.
Crafting Poison Ammo
|Category||Recipe||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2|
|Coatings/Ammo||Poison Ammo 1||Normal Ammo 1||Toadstool|
|Coatings/Ammo||Poison Ammo 2||Poison Ammo 1||Catalyst|