|English Voice Actor:||Pig|
|Japanese Voice Actor:||Pig|
Poogie is an NPC in Monster Hunter World (MHW). NPCs are non-playable characters that interact
with the Hunter during the story or optional activities in game.
Poogie is a little pig wandering around in Astera, it's possible for the player to befriend it and get rewards.
- Can be found after clearing ?quest? wandering around the ground level of Astera.
The player can pet Poogie, this works like the cooking mini-game where you need to press a certain button at the right time.
Near the end of the melody, a big red exclamation mark will appear above Poogie, this is when you have to press O.
If successful, hearts will appear around a happy Poogie, if not, Poogie will kick the player and run back to its house,
respawning after the next quest.
Petting Poogie regularly will open new interactions with it, and at some point will create a bond with the player.
The heart and reaction from Poogie will be a lot more expressive.
- Pick up
- Change Clothes
- Edit Name
At this point, only once between each quest, if the player can get Poogie to jump with a big heart, he can then pick it up, and walk around with it. Walking through certain places in Astera will make Poogie and the controller vibrate, signaling the player of a nearby hidden item. If you put Poogie down, it will look for it and give it to you.
Most of the hidden items spots only grant materials, but a few give new costume for Poogie.
Important note: There may be story progression requirement to unlock these costumes.
- Memorial Striped : Base costume
- Apprentice Fiver : Next to The Huntsman and the white flag.
- White Jammies : Next to the big fossile rock on the far left of the Ecological Research Area
- Hog in a Frog : Under the lamp on the right of the harvest baskets, near the water.
- Emperor's New Duds : All the way up inside the observation point, need to go through the Smithy Area and keep climbing.
Below is a map of all the spots Poogie will dig at. The list on the image is by far not complete. I only dug at each site 4-5 times to get a rough idea of what Poogie can dig up for you.
Role in Main Story
- Poogie has, so far, no role in the main story.
- Poogie is part of the 5th Fleet.
- Other notes
- When brought to the Canteen he will squeal and run, will appear after next quest