Sleep Ammo is an Ammo type in Monster Hunter World (MHW); it comes in two levels.
When fired from a Bowgun, Sleep Ammo releases a single projectile which deals Sleep buildup damage to a target.
All levels of Sleep Ammo have the following basic properties:
- Buildup caused by Sleep Ammo triggers the Sleep Ailment on a Monster, which incapacitates a Monster for about 40 seconds.
- While Blademaster weapons have a 1/3 chance of causing buildup with each hit, it is guaranteed with each shot of Sleep Ammo. Level 1 does about as much buildup as a Weapon with 400 Sleep damage, while level 2 does about twice as much.
- Buildup is affected by the Sleep Attack Skill. It is not affected by Attack, and is only affected by Affinity with the Critical Status Skill active.
- Raw (physical) Damage of each projectile negligible due to a very low Combo Move multiplier. See Attack Power for more information.
- Some Bowguns can fire Sleep Ammo in rapid-fire or quick-reload modes.
See the articles for Light Bowgun and Heavy Bowgun for more information on Sleep and other ammo types.
See Bowgun Ammo for a quick list of Bowgun Ammo types.
See Status Effects for more information on Sleep and other Blights and Ailments
Sleep Ammo 1 Description:
Ammo that induces sleep. Some targets require multiple shots.
Sleep Ammo 2 Description:
Enhanced ammo that induces sleep. Some targets require multiple shots.
How to Acquire Sleep Ammo:
All levels of Sleep Ammo can be crafted or bought.
Crafting Sleep Ammo
|Category||Recipe||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2|
|Coatings/Ammo||Sleep Ammo 1||Normal Ammo 1||Sleep Herb|
|Coatings/Ammo||Sleep Ammo 2||Sleep Ammo 1||Catalyst|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
far easier to purchase than to gather or grow, esp if theres a sale on. At 7 cents a pop, you can get 3000 rounds for $210.00