Spread Ammo is an Ammo type in Monster Hunter World (MHW); it comes in three levels.
When fired from a Bowgun, Spread Ammo releases multiple projectiles in a wide spread, each of which deal Ammo Damage to a target.
All levels of Spread Ammo have the following basic properties:
- Damage of each projectile is affected by the Player's Attack Power, Affinity (critical hits,) target multipliers such as monster body parts, and distance to the target. Damage is not directly affected by recoil or a Bowgun's level of Deviation.
- Each projectile calculates its own chance of striking a critical hit.
- Has an innate bonus to part breaking, making it easier to break Monster parts, thus lowering Stamina and increasing Quest rewards.
- High damage falloff - optimal firing range stretches from point blank to about three paces away form a target.
- Some Bowguns can fire Spread Ammo in rapid-fire or quick-reload modes.
The number of pellets fired by Spread Ammo levels 1, 2, and 3 are 3, 5, and 6, respectively.
At optimal firing range, the Combo Move multipliers for Spread Ammo levels 1, 2, and 3 are approximately 6, 6, and 8, respectively. See Attack Power for more information.
Spread Ammo 1 Description:
Ammo that covers a wide area. Deals multiple hits at close range.
Spread Ammo 2 Description:
High-grade ammo that covers a wide area. Deals more hits that Spread Ammo 1
Spread Ammo 3 Description:
Max-grade ammo that covers a wide area and Deals numerous hits.
How to Acquire Spread Ammo:
All three levels of Spread Ammo can be crafted, while only levels 1 and 2 can be bought.
Additionally, Spread Ammo 1 can often be found in the Supply Box on Quests.
Crafting Spread Ammo
|Category||Recipe||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2|
|Coatings/Ammo||Spread Ammo 1||Needleberry||N/A|
|Coatings/Ammo||Spread Ammo 2||Spread Ammo 1||Gunpowder Level 2|
|Coatings/Ammo||Spread Ammo 3||Spread Ammo 1||Gunpowder Level 3|