Stun or KO is a Status Effect in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Stun or KO renders the hunter or monster inactive and sometimes making them fall over.
Stun or KO Effect
- Inflicts Stun or KO Status on the target, immobilizing the target.
- Stunned monsters will have stars surrounding their head.
- The effect can be recognized by this symbol:
- Cured by: Getting hit or rapidly moving your left stick from left to right
- Monsters may fall to the ground when stunned
- Formula details go here
Monsters and Stun or KO
The following Monsters or Effects cause Stun or KO Status:
- Being struck by strong attacks, especially attacks with high knockback.
- Getting knocked down multiple times over a short period.
The effects of stun are different between monsters and hunters. Hunters are simply immobilized, whereas monsters are put into a confused state, or are knocked down.
If a hunter is stunned you are temporarily immobilized until the effect ends, or when interrupted. Any friendly hunter, palico or monster can hit you to interrupt the stun.
Once stunned, you can wiggle the analog stick to very slightly decrease the time spent stunned. A more effective way is to use the Signal command (which can be assigned in the radial menu). Using the Signal command will call your palico to your side, increasing the chance it'll decide to hit you out of stun.
A monster is stunned when hit on the head multiple times by blunt force, such as with a hammer or hunting horn. Some bladed weapons have blunt attacks in their move sets, such as the Sword and Shield's shield bash. Often times when stunned the monster will fall over. When stunned, monsters temporarily lose the ability to target enemies, and will blindly attack or run around, if not stand still. Flying monsters will be grounded,
The following Monsters are weak to Stun or KO Status:
Stun or KO Skills
The following Skills affect stun-ko effect.
Equipment that affects Stun or KO
The following Equipment affect stun-ko effect.
- Armor 1
- Armor 2
- Weapon 1
- Weapon 2