|English Voice Actor: Matthew Mercer|
|Japanese Voice Actor: Akimitsu Takase|
The Huntsman is an NPC in Monster Hunter World (MHW).
- Sometimes gives advice relative to the next assignments.
He is proficient in all types of close-range weapons and is master of the long sword in particular. He commended his expeditions in the New World forty years ago, and he is still in active service as a hunter, even now taking missions. He is also the one who trained the Commander's grandson, the Field Team Leader, in swordsmanship. He doesn't say much, but he carries out his missions and expeditions in an upright manner, and many hunters are inspired by and admiring of his way of life.
He is normally found sitting in one corner of headquarters, but he frequently disappears. During the Zorah Magdaros capture operation, he accepts a request from the Commander and heads off to investigate Nergigante. One can surmise the depth of his abilities from the fact he does not rely on handlers or Scoutflies and is able to function on experience and instinct.
A member of the 1st Fleet. The only member of the 1st Fleet who loves using old equipment. He is the most skilled at fighting in the group. The reason why he sticks to using old equipment is that he says it's "too late for things he doesn't understand".
Role in Main Story
The Huntsman was a member of the First Fleet, which was the first to come to the New World, and he is the sole old hunter who even now uses blademaster gear. As for his reason for clinging to his antiquated equipment, he says, "The new ways confound me".
- Fights a Nergigante
- Ever since he was young, he was focused on being a hunter, and so he trained himself and honed his skills. His weapons and armor use Rathian material, and he has a deep attachment to his early days when using them.
- He can't get accustomed to new gear, saying. "The new ways confound me" and he doesn't even use Scoutflies. However, at times he has been witnessed staring intently at the Scoutflies in Ecological Research.
- He appears to be using a Wyvern Blade made from Rathian materials. Looking similar to the "Leaf", "Verde" or "Holly" model from earlier titles.
- One side of his helm has a large scar gouged into it. This was made by an Elder Dragon called Teosra, which he confronted on several occasions in the Old World. At the time, he had two rivals whom he competed against day after day, honing his skills. One was a fierce warrior type, the other more playful. He often reminisces about that time.
- In times of crisis, he displays refined fighting maneuvers, but, perhaps because of his age, he also sometimes falls asleep in a sitting position. When lying down in bed, it seems his old hunter nature shows through.
- Seems to be a recurring character from some previous games in the franchise.
- The Huntsman is wearing Guildwork Master Rank male armor.