Vaal Hazak is an Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter World (MHW).ヴァルハザク (屍套龍) in Japanese.
A grotesque Elder Dragon, that inhabits the deepest part of the Rotten Vale. It uses the fatal vapor of the vale in what appears to be a symbiotic relationship.
Vaal Hazak Details & Locations
- Found in: Rotten Vale
- Target of Quest: Hellish Fiend Vaal Hazak, Stirrings from the Grave
- In investigations/Optional quests, it seems to be docile unless provoked. Its miasma will deal damage to you if you get too close, though.
- Attacks other monsters: Yes
- Sizes: ♛ 1843.95 ~ ♛ 2619.25
- Species: Elder Dragon
- Health:9400~9900 (solo)
Vaal Hazak Combat Info
- Elemental damages: Vaal Hazak emits a fatal vapor, also called "Effluvium", which it uses to hurt its enemies.
- Weaknesses: Vaal Hazak is weak to Fire and Dragon .
- Moderately susceptible to Blastblight and Stun.
- Weapons with Elderseal cause its Miasma to dissipate for a short time.
- Head, chest, front legs and tail are weakspots.
- Weakness signs: As soon as the Vaal Hazak is injured enough, it starts limping. At a certain amount of damage, it starts playing dead to collect Miasma for a powerful attack.
- Combat tactics: Due to its ability to shorten your Healthbar, a meal to get your Health up to 150, Vitality gems for up to 50 more HP, and a couple of Max Potions and Nutrients would be best to take on a hunt if you want to slay this Elder Dragon.
- Nulberries can get rid of the Effect of Miasma.
- The above mentioned "playing dead" should be approached from behind, since after collecting enough Miasma, it will shoot out a beam in front of itself, which can sometimes be fatal.This attack can be prevented by doing enough damage to it before it can collect enough Miasma. This attack can be stopped with a flash pod.
- Equipping 3 Miasma gems will completely negate its ability to reduce your health to half. You'll still take damage, but your health bar will remain intact.
- In the area just outside its den, on the ceiling are two fangs suspended by vines; hitting them with a projectile will cause them to fall down. Hitting Vaal Hazak with these does a decent amount of damage, and also knocks it over.
- Multiplayer sessions should be wary of its Miasma beam. If it detects a target far enough away from it, it may decide to use this attack. Given the beam's large area of effect and distance, it's very possible that unwary hunters may be caught up in the beam by coincidence.
- This can also be triggered by your Palico or nearby monsters such as the Raphinos that appear just outside it's lair and the Girros within, even though he is not hostile to them. Confirmed in single player and VERY close up, he just spammed the beam attack for a while, any corroboration would be appreciated.
- In certain areas the beam can be blocked by the locale, such as a boulder or a wall
- Stay away from acid pools, as the combination of acid damage and Miasma damage combined drains health very quickly.
- Resistances: The Vaal Hazak is Immune to Water and has a relative high resistance to Poison, Sleep and Paralysis with only 1⭐
- Vaal Hazak's Dragon weakness only applies to unwounded body parts while its Fire weakness is always active.
- The general tactics against Vaal Hazak is staying on its two sides (since it only has one breath ability that can attack sideways), maintaining a relatively close distance (since it has long distance reposition abilities that can put you in a position where it is impossible to be out of the line of fire of its breath), and keeping in mind that its charge abilities are (somewhat) wide and long.
Vaal Hazak Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Vaal Hazak High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Vaal Hazak Carves (ALL HIGH RANK)
|Vaal Hazak Carapace||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Vaal Hazak Talon (break forelegs)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Vaal Hazak Fang + (break head)||⭐⭐|
|Vaal Hazak Wing||⭐⭐⭐|
|Vaal Hazak Gem (break head or tail)||⭐||2% Carve, 3% Tail Carve and 2% Head Break|
|Vaal Hazak Membrane (dropped, break chest)||⭐|
|Vaal Hazak Tail (cut tail)||⭐|
Vaal Hazak Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Vaal Hazak Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- While Vaal Hazak has a branch in 10 weapon trees, only 4 of them (Greatsword, Lance, Light Bowgun, and Hammer) have a unique end of upgrade model as a Rarity 8 weapon. The other 6 (Long Sword, Gunlance, Switch Axe, Charge Blade, Insect Glaive, and Bow) end their upgrade path at Rarity 7, retaining the basic Bone weapon model with additional Vaal Hazak trimming, taking the form of a plate of green scales with several hook-like fangs tied to it and wrapped in a piece of red cloth.
- These monsters are from the Elder Dragon species
- These monsters are 2011.58 - 2619.25 big
- Can be lured with ??
- Camouflage works until ?? range
- Vaal Hazak is known as the "Corpse Coat Dragon"
- Tempered Vaal Hazak health is 10000
Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Teostra ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Velkhana ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Zorah Magdaros