|Damage Type||Cut Damage|
Gunlance (ガンランス) is a weapon category in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Like all Weapons, it features a unique moveset and an upgrade path that branches out depending on the materials used. Please see Weapon Mechanics for details on the basics of your hunter tools.
Gunlance Weapon Tree
For full details, please see Gunlance Weapon Tree
Gunlance Traits & Abilities
- Fires explosive shells towards monsters
- Features a shield ability to guard against incoming attacks
Much like it's cousin, the lance, the gunlance is a bastion of defense while having impressive range and damage. It's basic attacks are similar to the lance, but instead of a charging ability, the gunlance can fire off shotgun blasts. While not truely a ranged attack, these rounds ignore the toughness of the monster, allowing damage to be dealt parts that otherwise couldn't be touched. The gunlance can also change up to unleash a massive explosion called Wyvern's Fire. Using Wyvern's Fire will cause the lance to over heat and it can not be fired again until it has cooled down. Normal shots will not cause overheating, but they will chew through sharpness and must be reloaded every few shots.
- Great reach and considerable mobility
- Shells are useful for wounding stronger monster parts
- Shell damage is unblockable, making it more reliable than other attacks.
- Sharpness deterioration is fast when using shell attacks
- Shells become unavailable if sharpness level goes to red.
- Attacks have long woundups
- Dodging is slow and limited
|All Gunlances Alphabetical|