|Damage Type||Cut Damage|
Long Sword (太刀) is a weapon category in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Like all Weapons, it features a unique moveset and an upgrade path that branches out depending on the materials used. Please see Weapon Mechanics for details on the basics of your hunter tools.
Long Sword Weapon Tree
For full details, please see Long Sword Weapon Tree
Long Sword Traits & Abilities
- Attacks charge up a "Spirit Gauge" that unlocks "Spirit Blade"
- Spirit blade is a 30 second buff that grants +12% attack power
Long Sword Guide
Long Sword Advantages
- High Attack Power and fast attack speeds
- High mobility and agility
- "Spirit Blade" is useful for targetted monster damage
- Long range for a melee weapon
- Good Elemental Damage
Long Sword Disadvantages
- Despite fast attacks and overall high mobility compared to Great Sword, it's slower than Sword & Shield and Dual Swords
- Cannot Guard or block, forcing players to roll. Rolls cannot be performed mid-combo, making the hunter vulnerable.
- Very high sharpness deterioration rate.
- The wide sweaping nature of it's attacks frequently trip up teammates.
Long Sword Controls
|All Long Swords Alphabetical|