|Damage Type||Shot (Ammo) Damage|
Heavy Bowgun (ヘビィボウガン) is a weapon category in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Like all Weapons, it features a unique moveset and an upgrade path that branches out depending on the materials used. Please see Weapon Mechanics for details on the basics of your hunter tools.
Heavy Bowgun Weapon Tree
For full details, please see Heavy Bowgun Weapon Tree
Heavy Bowgun Traits & Abilities
- High damage
- Long Range
- Specializes in high damage, and explosive ammo
Heavy Bowgun Guide
The heavy bowgun is the artillery of ranged weapons. It specializes in high damage rounds at a range. While it does not have the same special effects of the light bowgun, the heavy bowgun dishes out damage more reliably, breaks parts faster, and staggers monsters easier. They have an attackment system, allowing hunters to customize their weapon slightly. Heavy Bowguns also have exlusive attachments in the form of shields, allowing them to block.
Heavy Bowgun Advantages
- High damage per shot
- Long range
- Veritable artillery
- Can block if equipped with a shield
Heavy Bowgun Disadvantages
- Slow fire rate
- Slow movment
- Must supply own ammo
- Silencer: Attracts less attention from monsters.
- Long Barrel: Slight increase to damage.
- Shield: Allows blocking.
Note: What ammo hunters can use varies with the bowgun they are using.
- Normal: A standard single shot. Comes in levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Pierce: A straight shot that pierces through monsters to hit them multiple times. Comes in levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Pellet: A short ranged shotgun blast. Comes in levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Crag: Shots lodge themselves into the target and then explodes. High damage, and can stun. Comes in levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Clust: Is lobbed at the target, and fragments into three explosive shells on impact. Comes in levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Recover: Heals the target. Ideally used on fellow hunters. Comes in levels 1 and 2.
- Poison: Inflicts poison on the target. Comes in levels 1 and 2.
- Paralysis: Inflicts Paralysis on the target. Comes in levels 1 and 2.
- Sleep: Inflicts sleep on the target. Comes in levels 1 and 2.
- Exhaust: Drains the target's stamina. Comes in levels 1 and 2.
- Flaming: Does fire damage.
- Water: Does water damage.
- Thunder: Does thunder damage.
- Freeze: Does ice damage.
- Dragon: Does dragon damage.
- Tranq: Used to capture monsters. Functions just like Tranq bombs.
- Paint: Marks the monster so it shows up on the map. Functions just like Paintballs.
Special rounds recharge over time. Some can be used before they are fully recharge but to reduced effect. What special round a hunter has is determined by their bowgun, and every bowgun has only one spcial round.
- Wyvernsnipe: Has one charge. The hunter lays on the ground and fires of a powerful shot at will. This shot pierces the target, hitting it multiple times while exploding the whole time.
- Wyvernheart: Has a charge meter. Rapidfires small bullets until the meter is empty. While the bullets do little damage, sustained fire can rack up massive damage.
Heavy Bowgun Controls
|All Heavy Bowguns Alphabetical|