FAQ for Monster Hunter World are covered on this page. Below you will find a list of the most Frequently Asked Questions about Monster Hunter World, as well as their corresponding answers. This page has been updated as of October 31st, 2017.
1. When does Monster Hunter World release?
Monster Hunter World releases worldwide on January 26th, 2018 for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The release date for Microsoft Windows (PC) has yet to be revealed.
2. Will I be able to play with my Friends if they live in a different region than me?
Yes. The game has a global server than allows players to play together no matter which region they live in or version of the game they own. This was not the case with some earlier Monster Hunter games.
3. Will Monster Hunter World be Cross-Platform?
No. You can only play with players on the same system as you.
4. When Can I Pre-Load the Game if I Purchased it Digitally?
You can pre-load starting January 24th if you purchased on Xbox One or Playstation 4. No word yet on PC.
5. How do I sign-up for the Monster Hunter World Beta?
Be a PlayStation Plus subscriber. There is no word yet on any other requirements, such as having to pre-order the game. This will be updated when exact specifics are known. The Beta is only available on PS4.
6. Monster Hunter World Beta Dates
December 9th, 2017- December 12th, 2017
7. Will Monster Hunter World Have 60 FPS?
Currently consoles will be locked to 30 FPS, but there is no word on PC just yet.
8. Is Monster Hunter World "Open World" ?
Yes and No. Each map the player loads into, which are huge, will have no load times. However, there are more than one map and players will need to load into these. There is a "Hub" where players can party up and then load into the map paired with the Hunt they choose.
9. Can You Fast Travel in Monster Hunter World?
Yes. You must be out of combat in order to call a Wyvern that will fly you back to your Base Camp.
10. Can You Use Consumables While Moving in Monster Hunter World?
Yes. However, it will slow you down quite a lot.
11. Can Other Players Join My Game After I've Already Began a Hunt?
Yes. If you use the Flare in your inventory it will make your game "Public" allowing anyone to join, even mid Hunt.
12. Will Monster Hunter World Feature Underwater Combat?
No. You can swim in some water, but you cannot fight underwater.
13. Can I Switch my Equipment Mid Hunt in Monster Hunter World?
Yes you can. You will need to travel back to the Base Camp to do this though and you cannot be in combat to when you travel.