|Roles||Buffs, Debuffs, DPS, Gathering|
Palicoes are a cat-like combat companion in Monster Hunter World. As hunters' reliable comrades out in the field, they specialize in a variety of offensive, defensive, and restorative support abilities. The hunter's Palico joins the Fifth Fleet with pride, as much a bona fide member of the Commission as any other hunter.
You only get one Palico. The one you customize during character creation will be the only companion Palico. Others will be in the Town or Players Housing but do not accompany the Hunter.
Palicoes are reliable comrades while out on the hunt. They'll support you in numerous ways during quests, from attacking monsters to utilizing useful gadgets.
Palicoes in MHW
- Palicoes can be outfitted with Weapons and Armor that you make for them in Crafting
- They can be leveled up according to traits and roles you wish for them to serve
- In combat, they can support you with offensive and defensive maneuvers
- They can serve as harvesting helpers for gathering Items in the wild
- They can communicate with local wild cats and convince them to help hunters by setting traps
- Only one Palico can be brought on a quest, but the Palico can temporarily recruit wild cats and small monsters to help. Sometimes another player's Palico can be encountered in the wild, and they will aid you--quite useful since they can also use Palico Gadgets.
- Palicoes can be equipped with gadgets that give powerful bonuses on command
- The max level for your Palico is 50 (Patch 6.02)
- The max level of Tailraider Unity is 10. (Patch 6.02)
All Palico Gadgets have two stages and your Palico will use their gadgets semi-frequently on their own. After levelling a gadget to lv5, an icon will appear in your quickbar to use the first stage at the player's command e.g to place a flashfly cage. After reaching lv10 with a gadget, a second icon will become available allowing you to use the second stage of the gadget on command. This can be useful to place things like vigorwasp stations or shock traps shortly before a fight. Gadget proficiency level cap has raised from 10 to 15 since patch 6.02.
- Vigorwasp Spray: The Palico pulls out a vigorwasp and rides it towards the hunter. It then explodes, healing the hunter. When leveled up, the Palico can also deploy a stationary vigorwasp, like one found in the wild.
- Acquired by: Starter Gadget.
- Flashfly Cage: The Palico pulls out a cage with a flashfly in it. The hunter can then hit the cage to create a large flash. Very useful for fighting flying wyverns like Rathalos or Legiana. When leveled up, the Palico can deploy an electric shock trap. Beware, overuse of traps and flashes will cause a monster to become resistant.
- Acquired by: Bugtrapper Clan Quest in Ancient Forest.
- Shieldspire: The Palico pulls out a shield with a face on it. The Palico then taunts the monster into attacking it while using the shield to stay alive. The next ability of the Shieldspire is a shield bash which can stagger and stun a monster if it hits.
- Acquired by: Protector Quest in Wildspire Waste.
- Coral Orchestra: The Palico pulls out a Coral Instrument. The Palico then plays one of several songs that applies a buff (e.g. Attack Up, Defense Up, Bleeding Resistance, Stamina Drain Down). Upon levelling up the Palico gains access to a second instrument with some improved buffs, such as the ability to negate environmental damage from lava, giving the player the earplug effect, divine protection or stun resistance/negation.
- Acquired by: Troupper Quest in Coral Highlands.
- Plunderblade: The Palico pulls out a Plunderblade and snatches items from monsters (e.g. scales, fangs ...). Items snatched this way go directly to the Palico inventory and will be received at the end of the quest or expedition. Upon levelling up, the Palico is able to throw the Plunderblade. If this thrown blade hits a monster, the monster will drop an item, which may be either an appropriate scale or talon, or a slinger ammo e.g Piercing pods.
- Acquired by: Plunderer Quest in Rotten Vale.
- Meowlatov Cocktail: The Palico pulls out a ceramic pot and throws it at monster causing it to explode and deal damage. The upgraded version has your Palico roll around with a small cannon and shield. These attacks can easily stagger large monsters.
- Acquired by: Gajalaka Quest in Elder's Recess.
Role in the Main Story/Lore
A Felyne partner that joins the Fifth Fleet hunter in their travels, coming to the New World along with their A-List hunting partner. Palicoes provide support with various weapons and tools used in hunting and, being lynians, can also use their own physical abilities to contribute to investigations in the New World.
The Palico met the Hunter, their present partner, in the Old World and carried out several requests for them. Perhaps because of that long association, the Palico wanted to be taken along on the next fleet so the Hunter could see them making good use of Palico Gadgets. That reveals their trust and affection for their partner.
Many types of Lynians live in the New World. Each has their own culture and linguistic systems, so direct interaction is difficult, but Palicoes are highly active as go-betweens. They can understand human languages, they can actualize interactions with Lynians as they investigate evidence of them. Sometimes they exchange information, and sometimes they join in on hunts. These things forge friendly relationships. Finally, they can also learn the languages of small monsters and can control those small monsters by feeding them. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say they are indispensable in the investigation of the New World.
- Among the Felynes, who are positive and active in their interactions with people, some have abilities that the Guild desires and so are called Palicoes.
- Palicoes are permitted to work along with hunters. In the Commission, Palicoes are not designated as A-list, but they take part in the Fifth Fleet as accompanying partners.
- Felynes are omnivorous. Palicoes eat the same foodstuff as humans, but the hunters give them things like meat that has been processed for their consumption. It is said that Felynes that coexists with people have definitely developed more gourmet tastes than when they were wild.
- A small Lynian that inhabits the Old World and outwardly looks like an animal. Lynians have their own culture and customs, but many of them wish to interact with other species. They are intensely curious, and their ability to learn languages of other cultures is excellent.
- Palicoes have a strong trust in their hunters, due to having worked together for a long time. They show obedient responses to instruction and have an extremely amiable personality.
- Perhaps due to their curiosity, Palicoes tend to run about all over the place and work hard when gathering materials on investigations, taking advantage of their physical abilities and environmental adaptability.
Iceborne Palico Equipment in Monster Hunter World (MHW) is Palico gear added with the paid Iceborne Expansion. This DLC-exclusive gear can be changed much the way players can change their own. Palicoes can equip 4 different equipment: Weapons, Helms, Chest Armor and Gadgets. Palico Equipment works much the same way that player Equipment does, and is made from Materials that drop from Monsters.
Iceborne Palico Weapons
|Felyne Trekker Peckaxe Alpha +||9||50||20||Severing||None||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Bone Hammer Alpha +||9||55||15||Blunt||None||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Iron Sword Alpha +||9||45||25||Severing||None||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Jag Gunhammer Alpha +||9||60||20||Blunt||None||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Kulu Lute Alpha +||9||50||20||Blunt||None||25%||--||--|
|Felyne Pukei Bow Alpha +||9||45||30||Blunt||Poison 100||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Barroth Mace Alpha +||9||60||25||Blunt||None||-20%||--||15|
|Felyne Jyura Sword Alpha +||9||45||35||Severing||Water 160||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Beo Board Alpha +||9||55||30||Blunt||Ice 180||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Kadachi Fork Alpha +||9||40||30||Severing||Thunder 300||15%||--||--|
|Kitty-of-the-Valley Rod Alpha +||9||45||25||Blunt||Paralysis 90||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Grimalkyne Doll Alpha +||9||80||30||Blunt||None||0%||--||--|
|F Anja Bonehammer Alpha +||9||70||35||Blunt||Fire 320||-30%||--||--|
|F Rathian Rapier Alpha +||9||55||40||Severing||Poison 120||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Lumu Pawpads Alpha +||9||60||40||Blunt||None||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Baan Ball Alpha +||9||85||20||Blunt||Sleep 100||0%||--||20|
|F Deathgear Scythe Alpha +||9||60||35||Severing||Dragon 280||0%||--||--|
|F Boaboa Bonehammer Alpha +||9||75||30||Blunt||None||0%||--||25|
|Felyne Artian Disc Alpha +||10||50||50||Severing||Dragon 220||0%||Average||--|
|Felyne Barioth Knife Alpha+||10||70||35||Severing||Ice 200||20%||--||--|
|Felyne Specter Scepter Alpha +||12||80||35||Blunt||Dragon 260||0%||Average||--|
|Felyne Nami Rods Alpha +||12||40||70||Blunt||Water 200||15%||--||--|
|Felyne Ishvalda Orb Alpha +||12||65||55||Blunt||Dragon 300||0%||High||30|
|Felyne Godsblade Zapurr Alpha +||12||60||45||Severing||Thunder 390||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Daora's Wand Alpha +||12||70||50||Severing||Ice 220||10%||--||--|
|Felyne Kaiser Mace Alpha +||12||85||35||Blunt||Blast 50||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Zorah Puppet Alpha +||12||66||44||Severing||Blast 40||0%||--||45|
|Felyne Mewsurper's Peal Alpha +||11||85||45||Severing||Thunder 250||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Garuga Fan Alpha +||11||80||40||Severing||Poison 80||15%||--||--|
|F Golden Gadget alpha +||11||110||40||Blunt||Thunder 150||-15%||--||--|
|F Wyvern Blade Green Alpha +||12||75||40||Severing||Fire 200||0%||--||25|
|Wiggler Coral Alpha +||10||70||30||Blunt||Water 180||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Nergigante Hammer Alpha +||12||95||35||Blunt||Dragon 70||0%||High||--|
|Felyne Hazak Sword Alpha +||12||70||40||Severing||Dragon 240||0%||Average||--|
|Felyne Vangis Mace Alpha +||11||80||30||Blunt||Dragon 250||-20%||High||--|
|Felyne Bazel Mace Alpha +||11||70||40||Blunt||Blast 50||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Samurai Sword Alpha +||11||80||30||Severing||None||10%||--||--|
|Felyne Acorn Spade Alpha +||10||60||40||Severing||None||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Xeno Bouquet Alpha +||12||60||60||Severing||Dragon 220||10%||Low||--|
|Felyne Safi Spear Alpha +||12||65||65||Severing||Dragon 200||20%||Average||--|
Felyne Shishi-mai Lamp Alpha +
Gold Chocobo Rod Alpha +
Cursed Staff Alpha +
Felyne Star Mic Stand Alpha +
Space Machine Alpha +
Mega Buster Alpha +
|Felyne Maestro's Baton Alpha +||11||50||40||Blunt||Paralysis 80||0%||--||--|
|Felyne Rural Pickaxe Alpha +||11||50||50||Severing||--||10%||--||--|
Felyne Crusher Punch Alpha +
F Grand God's Peer Staff Alpha +
Felyne Butterfly Wand Alpha +
Felyne Rose Basket Alpha +
Felyne Kulve Fan Alpha +
Felyne Escador Scythe alpha +
Felyne Pukei Horn Alpha +
Felyne Aloha Ukulele Alpha +
Felyne Frostfang Sabre Alpha +
Felyne Fatalis Weapon Alpha +
F Azure Era Fan Alpha +
Felyne Azure Star Baton +
Felyne Frankie Steel Ball Alpha +
Felyne Jack-o'-Lantern Alpha +