Lore in Monster Hunter World are covered on this page. This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Though its existence was known for a long time, the New World remained unexplored because of how far away it was, and because of the dangerous weather surrounding it. With the mysterious phenomenon of Elder Dragons migrating to the New World(called the Elder Crossing) and advances in seafaring technology, have allowed the Commission to land five fleets on the New World.
- The Commission is made up of elite members of the Guild. Included in their number are hunters, scholars, and engineers, all of whom were required to pass rigorous tests before they could join.
- The First Fleet was sent to the New World 40 years ago by the Research Commission, and comprised of highly skilled individuals that it could almost be said they were too distinctive. Though many have returned home, some such as The Commander remain.
- The Second Fleet as made up mostly of technicians and engineers. They were primarily tasked with crafting weapons and armor, developing machinery, and constructing a foothold in the New World. Having no fears about smashing existing common wisdom and beliefs, this collection of individuals was overflowing with a can-do-spitit. The master of the smithy was from this group.
- The Third Fleet aimed to further research in the New World and contained many scholars. After landing in the New World, they converted their boat into an airship, but they encountered a monster while crossing the Great Ravine and were unable to avoid making a crash landing there. They continued their research in the Coral Highlands where they were stranded. The head of this group is a genius scholar often called strange and eccentric.
- The Fourth Fleet is a survey team intending to expand the exploration in the New World. It was a collection of personnel with superior management skills, and it also had many hunters. It had a good overall balance of youth and experience. They handle logistics, surveys and farming.
- The Fifth Fleet is the largest ever and comprises mainly of hunters (including the player) They were dispatched to follow the crossing of Zorah Magdaros. Expectations were high for this assemblage of exceptional individuals to bring fair winds to the research and hoping that their investigations will be the last.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!