|English Voice Actor||Jamieson Price|
|Japanese Voice Actor||Yusen Isamu|
|Location||Astera - Tradeyard South|
Commander is an NPC in Monster Hunter World (MHW). NPCs are non-playable characters that interact with the Hunter during the story or optional activities in game.
Quests & Services
The Commander tasks the Hunter with the following Assignments as part of the Story:
- 1 ★ Jagras of the Ancient Forest
- 2 ★ A Kestodon Kerfuffle
- 3 ★ Urgent: Pukei-Pukei Hunt
- 3 ★ The Best Kind of Quest
- 3 ★ Sinister Shadows in the Swamp
- 4 ★ One for the History Books
- 6 ★ A Colossal Task
- 7 ★ Old World Monster in the New World
- 8 ★ A Wound and a Thirst
- 9 ★ Beyond the Blasting Scales
- 9 ★ Thunderous Rumble in the Highlands
In addition to Assignments, the Commander also gives the following Optional Quests to introduce the Hunter to High Rank Monsters:
- 6 ★ Hard to Swallow
- 6 ★ Googly-Eyed Green Monster
- 6 ★ A Hair Raising Eperience
- 6 ★ It Can't See You if You Don't Move
- 6 ★ The Sleeping Sylvan Queen
- 6 ★ Keep Your Hands to Yourself
- 6 ★ A Crown of Mud and Anger
- 6 ★ Pukei-Pukei Ambush
- 6 ★ Up to Your Waist in the Waste
- 6 ★ Brown Desert, Green Queen
- 6 ★ Trespassing Troublemaker
- 6 ★ Say Cheese!
- 6 ★ Loop the Paolumu
- 6 ★ Stuck in a Rut
- 7 ★ Rathalos Rematch
- 7 ★ Rathalos in Blue
- 7 ★ Pretty in Pink
- 7 ★ Well, That Diablos!
- 7 ★ A Cherry Wind Upon the Reefs
- 7 ★ Legiana: Highlands Royalty
- 7 ★ Odogaron Unleashed
- 7 ★ Ruler of the Azure Skies
- 9★ The White Winds of the New World
- 9★ The Sapphire Star's Guidance
The Commander was part of the First Fleet, arriving at the head of the Research Commission in their quest to explore the New World.
When the First Fleet commenced their activities, the Admiral led them and the Commander was his aide. Since the Admiral often left Astera to explore, leadership of the Commission fell to the Commander. He is a superior hunter, an intellectual who utilizes detailed observations and consideration. He's popular due to acting with prudence and valuing courage and harmony with nature.
The Commander discovered the Scoutflies, their pale green light, and their tendency to swarm in response to the smell given off by people and things. He then researched how they could be made useful in monster investigations. As a result, they are now indispensable standard equipment in New World investigations.
Role in Main Story
The Commander is the second-highest ranked person in Astera, taking care of The Research Commission's Operations at the hub while the Admiral investigates the New World. He leads the Commission with levelheaded directions backed by abundant experience and sometimes daring stratagems. The Commission members have full faith in him.
- The Field Team Leader is the Commander's grandson.
- The Commander retired from hunting after an injury sustained during an investigation. After gathering the opinions of those around him and carefully deliberating, he took on the leadership role.
- At the root of his driving force is a strong inquiring mind and a passionate attachment to the "guidance of the Sapphire Star" told of in a fairy tale.
- He was of the same era as the Handler's grandfather and he says that her grandfather was like her- "full of energy and one heck of an appetite". He is a sarcastic person but means this sincerely.
- When he joined the Commission, he was a young skilled hunter. Even now, he has the toughness that belies his age, and he is well regarded by those around him.
- He was separated from his daughter by her return to the Old World, but he is proud of his grandson, the Field Team Leader, who decided to stay behind him. The Commander is also mentally prepared to die in this land.
- The long-loved gear he wears is truly well worn, and the passage of time can be felt all over it. The banner of the First Fleet hangs from the right side, and the left leg of the uniform is reinforced for walking support as well.