|English Voice Actress:||?|
|Japanese Voice Actress||?|
|Location||Astera - Tradeyard
Seliana - Central Area
Elder Melder is an NPC in Monster Hunter World (MHW). NPCs are non-playable characters that interact with the Hunter during the story or optional activities in game.
A wyverian scholar of the Third Fleet who conducts research into Melding a unique art that is known across the New World.
Quests & Services
The Elder Melder allows some items to be melded into rarer/more useful ones. She adds more items as you advance the main story and beat new foes, unlocking rare materials and elemental based decorations.
Once the Hunter finds a Streamstone (after Land of Convergence), it unlocks the First Wyverian ritual, allowing you to "reroll" unused decorations into random new ones.
Once the Hunter kills Safi'jiiva or Master Rank Kulve Taroth, it unlocks the respective Sealing or Awakening Alchemies, allowing you to meld monster materials for new weapons and those weapons into upgrade materials.
- Consumable Items can be melded from a multitude of materials, some giving bonus melding points at certain intervals, Tailraider Voucher, some Arena Coins, First Wyverian Print, Commendation, High Commendation and Research Commission Ticket. Some consumable items such as Banishing Ball, Mega Demondrug and Mega Armorskin, Screamer Pod and Dash Juice are difficult or impossible to get anywhere else, so melding them instead of crafting is recommended.
- Uncommon High Rank materials can be melded from Steel Wyverian Print.
- Rare High Rank materials, including monster plates, can be melded from Silver Wyverian Print.
- High Rank monster Gems can be melded from Gold Wyverian Print.
- Rare Master Rank materials, including monster mantles, can be melded from Celestial Wyverian Print.
- Some Guiding Lands materials can be melded from other similar materials. Typically you can downgrade a monster's Tempered GL materials for regular ones on a 1:1 cost, but you can usually use other monster materials for less melding points as well.
- Silver and Gold Melding Tickets, used for Guild Alchemy, can be melded from Master Rank Festival tickets, such as Joyful Ticket and VIP Joyful Ticket.
- Event Fireworks and Snowmen can be melded from Festival tickets, such as Spring Blossom Ticket.
- Since patch 15.10.00, all festival tickets can be melded using their counterparts from other festivals (3:1 ratio). It is not required to have participated in a festival to meld the tickets from that festival.
Meld unwanted decorations directly into new ones.
- Defense Jewel 1 (1000 RP, 100 MP)
- Fire Res Jewel 1 (500 RP, 50 MP)
- Blaze Jewel 1 (1000 RP, 100 MP)
- Stream Jewel 1 (1000 RP, 100 MP)
- Water Res Jewel 1 (500 RP, 50 MP)
- Frost Jewel 1 (1000 RP, 100 MP)
- Bolt Jewel 1 (1000 RP, 100 MP)
- Ice Res Jewel 1 (500 RP, 50 MP)
- Thunder Res Jewel 1 (500 RP, 50 MP)
- Dragon Res Jewel 1 (500 RP, 50 MP)
- Dragon Jewel 1 (1000 RP, 100 MP)
- Vitality Jewel 1 (1000 RP, 100 MP)
- Sonorous Jewel 1 (1000 RP, 100 MP)
- Medicine Jewel 1 (1000 RP, 100 MP)
- Recovery Jewel 1 (1000 RP, 100 MP)
- Elementless Jewel 2 (4000 RP, 2000 MP)
- Shield Jewel 2 (5000 RP, 3000 MP)
- Sharp Jewel 2 (5000 RP, 3000 MP)
- Dragonseal Jewel 3 (5000 RP, 3000 MP)
- Mighty Bow Jewel 2 (6000 RP, 4000 MP)
- Mind's Eye Jewel 2 (6000 RP, 4000 MP)
- Diversion Jewel 3 (8000 RP, 5000 MP)
- Acrobat Jewel 3 (8000 RP, 5000 MP)
- Shaver Jewel 3 (8000 RP, 5000 MP)
: Complete A Colossal Task
: Complete Old World Monster in the New World
: Complete A Wound and a Thirst
: Complete Banbaro Blockade
: Unlock Guiding Lands
First Wyverian Ritual
Meld unwanted decorations and High Rank augment materials for a chance to get rarer decorations.
- Spire Sorcery ritual grants up to three Mysterious Feystones at the cost of 1x Streamstone Shard, 12-36 Melding Points and 150-450 RP.
- Coral Concoction ritual grants up to three Glowing Feystones at the cost of 1x Streamstone, 24-72 Melding Points and 250-750 RP.
- Strange Stream ritual grants up to three Worn Feystones at the cost of 1x Gleaming Streamstone, 36-108 Melding Points and 400-1200 RP.
- Strange Stream+ ritual grants up to three Warped Feystones at the cost of 1x High Commendation and appraised Streamstones such as Warrior's Streamstone: Sword as melding ingredients.
- Soul Stream I ritual grants you up to three Ancient Feystones at the cost of 5x Spiritvein Slogbone, 96-288 Melding Points and 500-1500 RP.
- Soul Stream II ritual grants you up to three Carved Feystones at the cost of 5x Spiritvein Solidbone, 192-576 Melding Points and 550-1650 RP.
- Soul Stream III ritual grants you up to 3 Sealed Feystones at the cost of 5x Elder Spiritvein Bone, 384-1152 Melding points and 600-1800 RP(unlocks after defeating Fatalis).
All rituals come with an element of chance. The most expensive rituals have a higher drop rate for high rarity decorations, but you can still earn three level 1 decorations while doing the Soul Stream II ritual if you're very unlucky. The first four rituals only drop level 1-3 decorations from base game, while level 4 decorations can only be obtained from the last three rituals. You can earn duplicates. Rarer decorations give more melding points than the common ones.
Use Melding Tickets to forge new decorations.
- Steel Alchemy uses Steel Melding Tickets to forge up to 40 decorations at once.
- Silver Alchemy uses Silver Melding Tickets to forge up to 40 decorations at once.
- Gold Alchemy uses Gold Melding Tickets to forge up to 40 decorations at once.
- Astral Alchemy uses Astral Melding Ticket to forge up to 40 tickets at once.
Meld Awakened Safi'jiiva weapons into Large Dracolite. The amount of Dracolite depends on the Awakening level of the weapon, fully or partially awakened weapons yield more Dracolite than weapons with low awakening levels.
Meld specific monster materials to create unique weapons.
- Safi Alchemy lets you meld Safi'jiiva materials into Safi'jiiva weapons, at the cost of 1x Pure Dragon Blood, 100-300 Melding Points and 1000-3000 RP. You can create up to three at once (unlocking Safi Alchemy requires having completed the Safi'jiiva Siege once).
- Kulve Alchemy lets you meld High and Master Rank Kulve Taroth materials into Kulve Taroth Sublimated weapons, at the cost of 1x Large Elder Dragon Bone, 100-300 Melding Points and 100-300 RP. You can create up to three at once (unlocking Kulve Alchemy requires completing The Eternal Gold Rush quest).
- Kjarr Alchemy lets you meld High and Master Rank Kulve Taroth materials into Kulve Taroth Incandescent weapons, at the cost of 1x Large Elder Dragon Bone, 100-300 Melding Points and 200-600 RP. You can create up to three at once (unlocking Kjarr Alchemy requires completing The Eternal Gold Rush quest).
Use materials from the Guiding Lands to create analyzed special tracks ("lures"). You can create several at once. Cost per lure varies between 50 and 500 research- and melding points per lure. Spiritvein Gems and Bones dropped from monsters in the Guiding Lands can be used as melding material. You need to have encountered the monster once in the Guiding Lands to unlock its lure at the Elder Melder.
- Elder Melder is part of the 3rd Fleet.
I legit spent nearly 500 hours grinding shield and mind's eye jewel back then, and then at the sudden they decided to make them available to meld, why not from beginning capcom? :(
Can someone elaborate on what unlocks what with Guiding Lands materials? I had assumed as soon as you picked up a monster drop from the Guiding Lands, that item was added to the monster parts melding list. Some of the tempered items are in there, but not the Tempered Dragonhold from the tempered Stygian I had just hunted (in my own GL, if that matters).
Just found out that the saving on the elder melder doesn't save the weapons you craft, but just saves that the items are consumed. So that's cool, great design.
Bless Elder Melder for her weapon alchemy!
I'm so confused, my Elder Melder doesn't have any jewel past Recovery Jewel 1 on her Meld Decorations page. Am I just not far enough in Iceborne's story?
what's is needed to unlock soulstream 3 ritual? i'm gm 239 and don't have it
Can the elder melder meld high rank jewels just like the old games? Or is she already capable and I'm just an idiot for not knowing what to do??
is it just me or the vitality jewel is not available in the elder melder?
You meld the prints
Does anyone know when the odogaron gem unlocks? I have captured it twice in high rank already but it's not showing up
How do you give the elder meddler wyvrian prints?
How can I make materials like a wyvern gem?