Monster Hunter World Beta sign-up was announced at Paris Game Show 2017, and is a pre-release test due to launch worldwide in December 9th 2017. Special thanks for contributors Monster Venandi, Lucent Moon, CTRHater777, NihilisticPoet, !Medic, and many more from the MHW Discord for helping gather carvings and other information from the beta!
Monster Hunter World Beta
How do I sign-up for the Monster Hunter World Beta?
Be a PlayStation Plus subscriber. There is no word yet on any other requirements, such as having to pre-order the game. This will be updated when exact specifics are known.
Monster Hunter World Beta Dates
December 9th, 2017- December 12th, 2017
December 22nd, 2017 - December 26th, 2017
Monster Hunter World Beta Platforms
Can the Monster Hunter Wolrd Beta be Played Offline?
No. Since the goal of the Beta is to test server loads prior to the game's release.
What Can I Play in the Monster Hunter World Beta?
Monster Hunter World Beta Information (PS Plus)
Play online single player by departing alone on any of the quests.
- You must be online even when playing single player.
Participate in multiplayer with players from around the world.
- You also have the option during quest creation to set a language filter, which will match you only with players with the same language as you.
- Certain online features will be unavailable in the beta, such as the ability to join quests midway through, Guild Cards, removing other players from a quest, and friend invites (these features will be available in the full retail version).
Three Different Quests
Character Creation and Naming
You will be able to choose from six different presets each for male and female hunters, as well as six presets for your Palico, and give them each a name of your choosing. (The full retail version will feature much deeper customization features!)
Voice and Text Chat
Test out any of the 14 different weapon types in a private training space!
Available Languages (Voice & Text)
English, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Spanish
You can get special bonuses for participating in the beta!
Completing any of the three quests featured in the beta will earn you one Face Paint to customize your character with in the full retail version.
Completing each of the three quests for the first time will earn you item sets you can use in the full retail version. Items include lifepowder, max potions, shock traps, and lots more that will help you out on the hunt!
Important Notes About This Beta:
- The beta schedule is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- This beta is online only. An internet connection is required to participate.
- Data will not be saved. Once the application is closed, your character's name, appearance, equipment, and all other settings will be reset to default.
- Quest completion data will be saved to the server.
- To claim participation bonuses in the full retail version, you must be logged into the same Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account that was used at the time the quests were completed in the beta.
- Size: 5.1 GB.
- Not compatible with PlayGo.
- Trophies are not available.
- Compatible with PS Vita Remote Play.
- Customer Support will not be available for the beta.