|Sub-Areas||Southwest Camp (1)
Northwest Camp (8)
Northeast Camp (11)
Ancient Forest Camp (17)
Blackveil Vaal Hazak
Scarred Yian Garuga
Ancient Forest is a Location in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Different areas of the game have a different look and feel, map and special unique monsters that spawn within them.
Ancient Forest (古代樹の森) is a brand new location that has been shown in early gameplay videos. It is a lush and leafy setting full of monsters and resources to harvest. A vast forest that supports a complex ecosystem. A network of trees stretch high into the sky, creating the ancient tree that looms tall over the rest of the forest.
Ancient Forest Quests
There are several quests that take you to this destination:
- The Great Glutton
- Endemic Life Researcher asks the player to capture a Woodland Pterix
- Endemic Life Researcher asks the player to capture a Downy Crake
- Piscine Researcher asks the player to catch a Pink Parexus
- Lynian Researcher asks the player to find the Grimalkynes Camp
Ancient Forest Monsters
The Monsters that inhabit the Ancient Forest are:
Small Monsters in Ancient Forest
Large Monsters in Ancient Forest
- Fulgur Anjanath
- Savage Deviljho
- Ebony Odogaron
- Great Jagras
- Kushala Daora
- Ancient Leshen
- Nightshade Paolumu
- Azure Rathalos
- Blackveil Vaal Hazak
- Yian Garuga
- Scarred Yian Garuga
Ancient Forest Hazards & Materials
You will find the following Materials for harvesting in this area:
- When the area is "Flourishing: Flower Beds", can harvest the Sunkissed Grass in sector 17
- When area is "Flourishing: Mushrooms", can harvest the Moonlit Mushroom in sector 11
- Sleep Herb
- Ancient Bone
- Monster Bone S
- Iron Ore
- Antidote Herb
- Fire Herb
- Machalite Ore
- Wyvern Egg
- Dragonite Ore
You will find the following Hazards:
- Poison Cup (sector 6)
- Flashfly (sector 15)
- Sporepuff (sector 2, 6, 7, 14)
- Wiggly Litchi (sector 4, 5, 11, 12, 14)
- Vitalily (sector 1)
- Paratoad (sector 5, 9)
- Vine Floor (sector 13) - make the player lose its footing if a large monster hits it
- Dam (sector 16) - can break under large monsters attacks, unleashing a torrent that can sweep the player and monsters
- Suspended Boulders (sector 12)
- Vine Trap (sector 4, 8, 15)
Ancient Forest Trivia
- First Wyverian statistics: Sector 7 is the most deadly with 49% of hunters dying here.
Ancient Forest Screenshots & Videos
Screenshots and images of this area, as well as location videos go here.
Monster Hunter World Locations & Areas
The drop caused by the dam flood actually damage a large monster. I accidentally slayed bazel with this trick.
What if you wanted to get through the forest to fight Rathalos, but Capcom said "I HERBY SENTENCE YOU TO BE LOST IN THE FOREST FOR THE REST OF THE QUEST!" Seriously though, the middle part of the forest is such a labyrinth that it makes every other area seem like a flat plain of grass.
"I have no memory of this place."
Where is the Pueki Pueki
How do I find the rathalos it’s taking me forever just running around.
These also can be found in the Rotten Vale
wout op boiss
Why is this the starting map its the most confusing of them all.
dosint show ware the stuff is
dose and forset aren't words but i agree
why dose kushala Daora live in the anchent forset!