Research Base is a Location in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Different areas of the game have a different look and feel, map and special unique monsters that spawn within them.
In Iceborne Expansion, Smithy and Resource Center facilities will become available in the Research Base as you progress in the game.
Research Base (Japanese Name) is a wrecked airship of the Third Fleet, located somewhere around the Coral Highlands. With the help of the Hunter, the Research Commission uses it to reach the Rotten Vale. Once repaired, the Palicoes will use it as a base in preparation for their Safari.
Research Base Quests
There are several quests that start in this destination:
- RRRRRumble in the Waste!
Research Base NPCs
NPCs in the Research Base are:
Main NPCs in Research Base
Other NPCs in Research Base
- Airship Engineer, asks the player for help to make the airship fly again
- Elder Melder, will move to Astera to meld item for the player
- Cheerful Scholar
- Third Fleet Provisions, sell items to the player (Provisions Stockpile)
- Lynian Expert, gives acces to the Tailraider Safari. If using her services instead of the housemaster, the player can see a cinematics at the start of each safari, with the different Palicoes.
- Shy Scholar
- If the player owns Guild Cards, randomly selected Palicoes from his friends will appear on the first level, it's possible to talk to them to learn more about their masters.
Research Base Screenshots & Videos
Screenshots and images of this area, as well as location videos go here.