Affinity, also known as Critical Chance, in Monster Hunter World (MHW) is a weapon's chance to deal more or less damage on attacks. Some Weapons have innate Affinty, but it can also be increased with Skills and Equipment
How Affinity Works
Affinity is determined by the Weapon and Skills that are being used, and is displayed as a percent value in the Attack Status portion of the Equipment Info screen. At 0% Affinity there is no chance for a bonus or penalty to damage. A negative Affinity value denotes the chance for an attack to apply a damage penalty of 25%, while a positive value denotes the chance to apply a bonus of 25%, which can be increased by Skills.
The effect of Affinity is signaled by a flashy slash animation and a specific sound.
Increasing Weapon Affinity
The following Skills and Equipment increase your weapon Affinity. Note that with the Critical Draw skill you will always Crit on a draw attack.
- Affinity Booster is a Specialized Tool that creates an Affinity cloud for you and fellow hunters.
- Critical Eye increases Affinity at all times
- Affinity Sliding increases Affinity after sliding
- Attack Boost increases Affinity at levels 4-7
- Weakness Exploit increases Affinity when striking a Monster weak spot
- Agitator increases Affinity when a Large Monster becomes enraged
- Maximum Might increases Affinity when Stamina is full
- Latent Power increases Affinity after certain conditions are met
- Critical Boost increases damage of critical hits
- Critical Element allows Affinity to affect Elemental Damage
Weapons with High Affinity