Weakness Exploit is a Skill in Monster Hunter World (MHW).
Weakness Exploit is increased in level based on the amount of Equipment with this skill the hunter is using. Each level works as follows (the number in parentheses indicates total affinity after the bonus is added):
- Level 1: Attacks that hit weak spots have 10% increased Affinity, with an extra 5% on wounded parts
- Level 2: Attacks that hit weak spots have 15% increased Affinity, with an extra 15% on wounded parts
- Level 3: Attacks that hit weak spots have 30% increased Affinity, with an extra 20% on wounded parts
Weakness Exploit is active as long as the monster part you're hitting has a hitzone value equal to or higher than 45 (which is what defines a "weak spot" in their terms). Clutch claw wounding/softening increases the hitzone value of the part and can therefore turn it into weak spots parts that they weren't before.
- Clutch claw attacks are required in order to wound parts.
- Prior to Iceborne patch, wounding parts is not required to gain the extra affinity.
Equipment that grants Weakness Exploit
You can increase the level of Weakness Exploit by equipping the following items.
- Dragonking Eyepatch Alpha (x2)
- Kulu Headpiece Alpha (x1)
- Dante's Hair Alpha (x1)
- Hornetaur Helm Alpha + (x1)
- Hornetaur Helm Beta + (x1)
- Fulgur Helm Alpha + (x1)
- Fulgur Helm Beta + (x1)
- Rathalos Mail (x1)
- Rathalos Mail Alpha (x2)
- Rathalos Mail Beta (x2)
- Kaiser Coil Gamma (x1)
- Rathalos Mail Alpha + (x2)
- Rathalos Mail Beta + (x2)
- Rathalos Greaves Alpha (x1)
- Dante's Leather Boots Alpha (x2)
- Golden Lunegreaves Alpha + (x2)
- Golden Lunegreaves Beta + (x2)