Heat Guard is a Skill in Monster Hunter World (MHW).
Heat Guard Effect
Heat Guard is increased in level based on the amount of Equipment with this skill the hunter is using. Each level works as follows:
- Level 1: Nullifies Heat damage
The skill negates the following:
- Environmental damage from hot areas (same effect as Cool Drink)
- Damage inflicted by lava (including lava pools created by Xeno'jiiva)
- Teostra's heat aura
- Lunastra's blue flames (NOT ignited blue pools)
- This will not prevent Fireblight.
Equipment that grants Heat Guard
You can increase the level of Heat Guard by equipping the following items.
- Barnos Jacket Alpha (x1)
- Barnos Jacket Beta (x1)
- Lavasioth Mail Alpha (x1)
- Barnos Jacket Alpha + (x1)
- Barnos Jacket Beta + (x1)
- Lavasioth Mail Alpha + (x1)
- Lavasioth Mail Beta + (x1)
- Clearmind Charm (x1)
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I believe this reduce chip damage from certain attacks, like Kulve Tarroths the floor is lava, its more handy then people give it credit for.
Does this protect against Fatalis blue flame?
Does this protects from Alatreon Nova?
Does this protects against lava pools made by Xeno'jiiva and Lavasioth?
This also blocks damage Lunastra's purple flames
Lavasioth beta does not have heat guard
Does this protect against environmental heat dmg only? Does it protect against fire dmg?