An ultra-aggressive creature that few have a chance of surviving against. Sports powerful arms that pack a punch, and turns gold when angry.
Rajang Details & Locations
- Found in: Guiding Lands
- Target of Quests: Reveal Thyself, Destroyer
- Is hostile on sight.
- Has Turf Wars with : Kirin, Legiana, Paolumu, Pukei-Pukei, Rathalos, Rathian, Yian-Garuga, Savage Deviljho, Kushala Daora, Lunastra, Namielle, Ruiner Nergigante, Teostra, Blackveil Vaal Hazak, Velkhana and all their variants.
- Size: 737.91~ 978.35
- Species: It is currently the only Fanged Beast in the game
- See Furious Rajang for another variant
- HP: ~18,900
Rajang Combat Info
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head/Arms
- Orange: Body/Tail
- White: Backlegs
- Enraged mode: His fur turns gold when enraged, and his arms turn red when in rampage mode.
Sweep Rajang slams his right arm on the ground and sweeps in a circular pattern Slam Rajang raises both his arms to slam down at their unfortunate target. Causes the ground to break around the impact, tripping the hunter. Sweeping Barrage Rajang will use its arms to sweep five times in front of him, moving forward with every sweep. The last sweep ends in a ground slam, causing minor tremors at close range. This is arguably the attack Rajang will use most often. Can hit several times in one combo. Beyblade Rajang spins its entire body 360 degrees while moving forward. Deals significant damage Lightning Spit Rajang jumps in the air and spits Lightning at the hunter. Causes Thunderblight if it connects. Homing Attack Rajang jumps up, curls into a ball and slams itself at the hunter. Long range but can be avoided simply by running Bellyflop Rajang jumps at the hunter and lands on his belly. Deals huge damage if it connects, might cause minor tremors at close range (Calm only). Pinning Grab Rajang will lunge forward with open arms to grab the hunter. If it connects, they will proceed to squish the hunter a bit before throwing them away. The hunter will then be knocked down, desperately crawling away from Rajang. If not interrupted by a Flashpod or Scatternut, Rajang will proceed to follow up with a powerful smack. Jump Rajang jumps away from the player, either forwards or backwards. Not technically an attack but can knock back the hunter at close range. Ultra Roar Indicates Rajang entered its Fury Mode, where his arms glow red. Deals no damage but will actually knock you back, even with Earplugs 5. Lightning Beam Rajang spits a solid beam of lightning directly at the hunter. Doesn't track but deals massive damage. Jumping Ultra Bellyflop Essentially the regular Bellyflop but powered up by lightning. Deals massive damage, huge hitbox. Enraged Only. Dodging it with a Superman-Dive is advised.
- You can obtain shiny drops by breaking its horns or using a flinch shot to knock it against a wall.
- Rajang doesn't really have a wide, elegant moveset, but he compensates by dealing some of the highest damage in Monster Hunter World. Health Boost 3 is highly advised, especially when hunting in a group.
- Rajang is most dangerous when it's arms are powered up, and can even destroy Shock Traps. Pitfall traps are effective, but only when it's enraged.
- Tips while fighting Rajang
- You cannot grapple onto Rajangs head. However, punching or Slinger-bursting the Arms will have the same effect.
- Rajang has no moves that directly target someone behind him. Standing at Rajang's rear end will be relatively safe. However, Rajang can turn or jump at any moment, so be on guard.
- If the hunter spends to much time clutch clawed onto Rajang, It will react with a special grab move that leads to a pin.
- You can interrupt Rajang's rampage mode (recognizable by its glowing red arms) by damaging its tail. You don't need to break it, just damage it.
- Traps will become less and less effective with every use. Also, Rajang can still attack out of a Pitfall Trap.
- Rajang will annihilate most other monsters in a turf war. The only ones that will deal decent damage to him are Savage Deviljho and Elder Dragons (except for Kirin).
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Rajang Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Rajang Wildpelt (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐⭐||28% (50%)|
|Gold Rajang Pelt + (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐||15% (28%)|
|Rajang Hardclaw (Break each arm)||⭐⭐⭐⭐||20% (70% for each arm broken)|
|Rajang Tail (Break Tail)||⭐⭐⭐||16% (70%)|
|Rajang Hardhorn (Break Horn/Both Horns)||⭐⭐||9% (70% / 100%)|
|Great Spirtivein Gem||⭐||3%|
Rajang Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Rajang Monster
Notes & Trivia
- It is known as the "Gold Lion".
- It is the first fanged beast introduced in Monster Hunter World.
- There might be a Dragon Ball Reference here.