A Rajang variant covered in golden fur. Utilizes severe ranged and wall-based attacks. It enters a glowing golden state when enraged.
Furious Rajang Details & Locations
- Found in: Hoarfrost Reach.
- Target of Quests: The Fury Remains, All That Glitters is Furious
- Immediately hostile at long range
- Has Turf Wars with : Kirin, Shrieking Legiana, Ruiner Nergigante
- Small Monsters version: n/a
- Size: 729.62 ~ 978.35
- Species: It is (technically) the only Fanged Beast in the game, unless you count Rajang as a separate monster.
- HP: ~21090
Furious Rajang Combat Info
- Resistant to Shock Trap, can be captured using Pitfall Trap
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head.
- Orange: Arms/Body.
- White: Hindlegs.
- Enraged mode: Glows Yellow. Lightning constantly runs through its fur.
- Furious Rajang will constantly be in its powered up mode, making it more aggressive and its attacks quicker. It will never revert back to its black fur form until it is slain.
- Since it's always in its powered up mode, Furious Rajang can enrage at any time, entering its even more powerful Rampage Mode shortly after. Without wounding it, you won't be able to attacks its arms at all in this mode!
Furious Rajang Tips
- Furious Rajang does not have a tail (which is why it is Furious) and thus its only weakpoint is its arms/head, which can be hard to hit, tenderizing it's hindlegs can be extremely useful but difficult to manage considering how aggressive this monster is in shaking you off.
- Attacking its head while it is in its Rampage mode (arms glow red and attacks bounce off) will make it end faster.
- Furious Rajang has multiple attacks that can hit behind him - be careful of his 'goat-kicker' (his back leg just kicking) and of course always be ready to roll. Still, attacking from behind is your safest strategy.
- Furious Ragang enrages rather easily and triggers its Rampage mode very fast. Weaken its Arms with a Clutch Claw attack to avoid deflection, be advised that since Furious Rajang is extremely fast, pulling of the Clutch Claw attack might be tough.
- Since Furious Rajang has no tail, you stop its rampage mode by dealing damage to its head. Be very careful though, as Furious Rajang's attacks are most devastating if you are in front of it.
- Furious Rajang will destroy Shock Traps and can still attack out of a Pitfall Trap.
- It is definitely recommended to avoid getting pinned, since Furious Rajang's pin attack will easily deal more than 50% of your health (with Health Boost 3) and knock you down, inflict Thunderblight, and most likely Stun, it, however, can't kill you (like Safi'jiiva's pin, it will leave you at 1hp).
- Using a Flash Pod on Furious Rajang while someone is pinned will free the pinned hunter.
- The final attack of Furious Rajang's pin deals heavy damage around him, not just the hunter that has been pinned so be wary.
Furious Rajang Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Furious Rajang Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Furious Rajang Carves
|Rajang Apoplexy (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||32% (50%)|
|Gold Rajang Pelt + (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐⭐||21% (28%)|
Furious Rajang Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Furious Rajang Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- Furious Rajangs Fury comes from losing its Tail to a hunter in its early years.