Black Diablos is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). ディアブロス亜種 (Diaburosu Ashu) in Japanese.
These black-shelled Diablos are actually female Diablos in heat. The color signals their aggressiveness and heightened hostility to other creatures in their habitat
Black Diablos Details & Locations
- Found in: Wildspire Waste
- Target of Quests: Two-horned Hostility, RRRRRumble in the Waste!, Special Arena: HR Black Diablos, In The Heat of the Moment
- Is immediately hostile at medium range
- Attacks other monsters: Yes. Turf wars with Barroth, Diablos, Rathian, Pink Rathian, Glavenus, Tigrex, Fulgar Anjanath, Acidic Glavenus, and Savage Deviljho.
- Small Monsters version: No
- See Diablos for male version
- Sizes: ♕ 1844.70 ~ ♕ 2620.31
- Species: Flying Wyverns
Black Diablos Combat Info
- Hunters should bring Ice and Water elemental weapons
- The Black Diablos is immune to Fire and Dragon
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: Horn, Head, Neck, Tail, Tail Tip
- Orange: Stomach, Back, Left Wing, Right Wing
- White: Left Leg, Right Leg
- Hunters can attack and break the weakpoints: Head, Chest and Wings.
- The tail may be severed and carved.
- This monster is weak to Paralysis so using traps is effective
- Black Diablos are much more aggressive towards intruders when in heat, and are known to attack enemies in retreat. Do not let your guard down even if you think you've established a safe distance from these monsters.
- Master Rank Changes
- The prime thing Black Diablos gained is SPEED.
- Expect Black Diablos to dive into the ground, erupt, SLAM DOWN and burrow back in the ground within ten seconds, several times in a row.
- Her Damage rivals elder dragons now
- Bring screamer pods and spare screamer sacs to craft more. Use a screamer pod when Black Diablos is Enraged while underground to pull her to the surface where she will be stuck for a few seconds as if in a pitfall trap.
Black Diablos Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Black Diablos Carves and Rewards
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Black Diablos Carves
|Black Diablos Ridge + (dropped)||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Diablos Fang||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Black Diablos Carapace||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Diablos Tailcase (cut tail)||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Blos Medulla (break back)||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Wyvern Gem (cut tail)||High Rank ⭐|
|Black Spiral Horn + (break horns)||High Rank ⭐|
|Black Diablos Chine||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Black Diablos Cortex (dropped)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Diablos Tailcase+ (carve tail)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Blos Medulla||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Large Wyvern Gem||Master Rank ⭐|
|Wyvern Gem||Master Rank ⭐|
Black Diablos Rewards
|Black Diablos Ridge +||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Black Diablos Carapace||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Diablos Fang||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Blos Medulla||High Rank ⭐⭐|
|Monster Hardbone||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Dash Extract||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Wyvern Gem||High Rank ⭐|
|Dragonvein Solidbone||High Rank⭐⭐|
|Dragonvein Solidbone||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Black Diablos Chine (break back)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Black Diablos Cortex||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Blos Medulla||Master Rank ⭐⭐|
|Blackcurl Stouthorn (break horns)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Dash Extract||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Large Wyvern Gem (tail carved)||Master Rank ⭐|
|Diablos Hardhorn||Master Rank ⭐|
Black Diablos Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Black Diablos Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- The Black Diablos is a herbivore and will eat cacti to restore stamina.
- The Black Diablos is actually a female Diablos in heat.
- Black Diablos is known as the "Black Horned Wyvern."
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Alatreon ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Frostfang Barioth ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros