Teostra is an Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter World (MHW). テオ・テスカトル (炎王龍) in Japanese.
A brutal elder dragon wreathed in flames that spits blazing fire. Teostra are of such a fierce and deadly nature that the Guild closely monitors their movements.
Teostra Details & Locations
- Found in: Wildspire Waste, Elder's Recess
- Target of Quests: Teostra The Infernal, A Blaze on the Sand, Hellfire's Stronghold
- Is hostile if attacked
- Attacks other monsters: Yes
- Related Monster : It is the male version of the Lunastra.
- Sizes: ♛ 1575.33 ~ ♛ 2237.69
- Species: Elder Dragon
- Health:6300~8700 (solo)
Teostra Combat Info
- Elemental damages: Fire, Can Induce Burn, can induce Blastblight
- Weaknesses Water and Ice
- Mildly susceptible to Poison and Stun
- Hunters should aim for the head, its weakest spot. Other weakspots are the wings and tail
- Since this is an agile monster, the belly area is the easiest to position oneself in.
- Weakness sign: limping, Returns back to volcano area when near death.
- The black scale dust Teostra scatters will spread over a wide area until it finally explodes. Keep an eye on that, as well as the flames it occasionally shields itself in, and aim to stagger it with weapons possessing Elderseal capabilities
- At some points in the fight Teostra will become covered in flames around its body. After sometime he will take to the skies and release an explosion. The explosion covers a great distance so run away once he begins to fly up, or utilize a 'flash pod' to knock him to the ground. You can also utilize crystalburst to interrupt his supernova if you're fighting him in the Elder's Recess.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Teostra Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Fire Dragon Scale + (dropped)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Teostra Carapace||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Teostra Claw +||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Teostra Horn + (break head)||High Rank⭐⭐|
|Teostra Mane||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Teostra Gem (break head, break tail)||High Rank⭐||2% Carve, 3% Tail Carve and 2% Head Break|
|Teostra Tail (break tail)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Teostra Webbing (break wings)||High Rank⭐⭐|
Teostra Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Teostra Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- You can use flash pods to stop his mid-air explosion. Teostra will fall back to ground and become stunned.
- Teostra is known as the "Flame King Dragon"
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros