The snow-white flying wyvern with huge tusks found in the frozen tundra. It uses its forelegs and tail to traverse ice with ease.
Barioth Details & Locations
- Found in: Hoarfrost Reach
- Target of Quests: Blizzard Blitz, Remember That One Time?, Special Arena: MR Barioth.
- Is hostile when attacked or if you stand in its way for too long. (Will give two warning growls.)
- Has Turf Wars with: Banbaro, Fulgur Anjanath, Legiana, Shrieking Legiana, Odogaron, Ebony Odogaron
- Size: 1867.49 ~ 2622.88
- Species: Flying Wyverns
- HP: ~19,200
Barioth Combat Info
A returning Flying Wyvern characterized by its powerful and fast attacks. With its potent tail swipes, sharp claws and pouncing, this foe, while tough, can still be beaten either solo or in a group
This fast-moving monster deals both physical damage and elemental damage, shooting out powerful blasts of chilled-wind that can inflict Iceblight.
- It is advisable to focus on breaking its claws, as this will decrease the monster's mobility and leave it open to attacks for a few seconds.
- Like any normal wyvern, Barioth is vulnerable to traps, so preparing your Palico with Flashfly Cages can help immensely, along with packing Pitfall Traps.
- Ice Resistance, Resuscitate and Coldproof decorations are useful for this fight.
- Hunters should try to stay in close range when fighting this monster, as it has some very long-range attacks.
- When it does its huge leaping attack, hunters should try to roll to the left.
- Your weapon should have white sharpness to take on this monster.
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head
- Orange: Hindlegs/Body
- White: Wings
- Green: Tail
- Enraged mode: Eyes will glow red instead of its natural blue.
- Barioth enrages after every flash, once he gains his vision back.
- Once his rage wears off, he is really weak, taking long pauses after attacks and not even his ice breath will work.
- It is recommended that hunters bring Flash Pods and Flashbugs, to prevent this wyvern from pinning you down as you're healing, sharpening, or buffing.
- Partbreaker 3 is good as Barioth's wings and especially the fangs can be very hard to break.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve/earn the following items:
Barioth Carves - Master Rank
|Barioth Greatspike (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐||15% (50%)|
|Barioth Lash (Tail Carved)||⭐⭐⭐||11% (60%)|
|Large Wyvern Gem (Tail Carved)||⭐||2% (5%)|
Barioth Guiding Lands Materials
These materials can only be acquired from hunting Barioth within the Guiding Lands.
⭐⭐⭐⭐ (Tundra Region - Level 2)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (Tundra Region - Level 3-5)
|Tempered Icefang||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (Tundra Region - Level 6)|
|Heavy Dragonvein Bone||
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (Tundra Region - Level 2)
⭐⭐⭐⭐ (Tundra Region - Level 3-5)
|Spiritvein Solidbone||⭐⭐⭐⭐ (Tundra Region - Level 6)|
|Spiritvein Gem||⭐⭐ (Tundra Region - Level 6)|
Barioth Weapons & Armor
Pictured below are the available weapons that can be crafted from this specific wyvern's materials.
Notes & Trivia
- Debut appearance in Monster Hunter 3.
- It is known as the "Ice Tusk Wyvern".
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Alatreon ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Frostfang Barioth ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros