The snow-white flying wyvern with huge tusks found in the frozen tundra. It uses its forelegs and tail to traverse ice with ease.
Barioth Details & Locations
- Found in: Hoarfrost Reach
- Target of Quests: Blizzard Blitz
- Is hostile when attacked.
- Attacks other monsters: Yes. Has turf wars with Fulgur Anjanath and Banbaro.
- Small Monsters version: n/a
- Size: ♕ ?? ~ ♕ ??
- Species: Flying Wyverns
- HP (Tempered): ~??
Barioth Combat Info
A returning Flying Wyvern characterized by its powerful and fast attacks. With its potent tail swipes, sharp claws and pouncing, this foe, while tough, can still be beaten either solo or in a group
This fast-moving monster deals both physical damage and elemental damage, shooting out powerful blasts of chilled-wind that can inflict Iceblight.
- It is advisable to focus on breaking its claws, as this will decrease the monster's mobility and leave it open to attacks for a few seconds.
- Like any normal wyvern, Barioth is vulnerable to traps, so preparing your palico with Flashfly Cages can help immensely, along with packing Pitfall Traps.
- Ice Resistance, Resuscitate and Warming decorations are recommended for this fight.
- Your weapon should have white sharpness to take on this monster.
- Barioth is weak to Fire and Thunder, and is resistant to Ice and Water.
- InflictsIce damage andIceblight.
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: Head
- Orange: Rear legs / underbelly
- White: Wings
- Green: Tail
- Enraged mode: Eyes will glow red instead of its natural blue.
- We recommend that hunters bring flash pods and flash bugs, to prevent this wyvern from pinning you down as you're healing, sharpening, or drinking various types of drugs.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Barioth Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Barioth Cortex||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Barioth Thickfur||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Barioth Hardclaw (Break Spike )||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Barioth Greatspike (Dropped)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Barioth Lash (Tail Carved)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Large Wyvern Gem (Tail Carved)||Master Rank ⭐|
Barioth Weapons & Armor
Pictured below are the available weapons that can be crafted from this specific wyvern's carves.
Notes & Trivia
- Debut appearance in MH3
- It is known as the "Ice Tusk Wyvern."
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros