A brute wyvern that wields its heavy blue tail like a blade. It grows hotter and more keen with each strike until it glows red."
Glavenus Details & Locations
- Found in: Ancient Forest, Wildspire Waste, Elder's Recess
- Target of Quests: The Scorching Blade, Big Burly Bash, Simmer and Slice!, The Secret to a Good Slice,
A Flash of the Blade, Special Arena: MR Glavenus.
- Is not immediately hostile.
- Has Turf Wars with: Diablos, Black Diablos, Rathalos, Azure Rathalos, Tigrex, Brute Tigrex, Zinogre, Stygian Zinogre
- Size: 2166.12 ~ 2978.41
- Species: Brute Wyverns
- HP: ~19,200(Solo), 30,869(Duo), 46,080(3 or 4 player)
Glavenus Combat Info
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head/Tail
- Orange: Back/Body
- White: Legs
- Green: Forelegs
- Enraged mode: Throat glows a fiery red. Sparks its tail to light and inflicts Fireblight. (Firecharges are independent of enrage mode)
- You can obtain shiny drops by causing its firecharged throat to explode, after either dealing enough damage or well aimed slinger shot (Puddle Pod is very effective)
- Tenderizing the hindlegs is very effective since its head and tail are very high up and might be difficult for some weapons to attack.
- Its back is riddled with breakable spots, making attacks from above very effective.
- Be cautious when its throat starts to glow, it will start blasting fireballs. They stick to the floor, causing Fire damage in the area around them, and explode after a moment.
- Be aware that its throat and head are separate hitzones, but attacking either will cause firecharged throat threshold damage
- Shock Traps work well against it if you want to attack it's tail, if you would rather attack it's throat easily, Pitfall Traps are very effective
- Fireproof Mantle can be extremely useful to reduce Fire damage and make you immune to Fireblight
- Damaging its throat while it is glowing will cause it to fall to the ground over his back.
- Be especially weary whenever it puts its tail in its mouth. It is an opportunity for damage but he might do a very high damage rotating attack.
- This devastating attack takes about three seconds to charge. If your main weapon is a weapon with a counterattack ability, (The Longsword for example) take advantage of the free damage opportunity, count three seconds, then perform the counterattack.
- Severing the tail: Glavenus' tail has a mechanic which stops damage going to the tail sever threshold when its tail is not flaming. This would make its tailtip only severable while it is flaming because that is the only time the threshold can take damage. The Lance's Claw counter is very effective, as you can take an easy hit whenever it attacks you with its tail.
You can chip the tail however, by hitting tailbase with any type of damage, even when its not flaming. Its separate part from severable tailtip, with its own hitzone and breaking treshold.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
Detailed weakness information(Legend Explanation: here)
Credits to AsteriskAmpersand, Deathcream and MoonBunnie.
Glavenus Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Glavenus Shard||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||32%|
|Glavenus Cortex (Tail Carved)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐||24% (27%)|
|Glavenus Hardfang||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||19%|
|Glavenus Hellshell||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||14%|
|Glavenus Tailedge (Tail Carved)||Master Rank ⭐⭐||9% (70%)|
|Molten Bursa (Dropped Only)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||0% (50%)|
|Glavenus Mantle (Tail Carved)||Master Rank ⭐||2% (3%)|
|Glavenus Cortex (Break Back/Forelegs)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐||28% (35%/70%)|
|Glavenus Shard (Break Head/Forelegs)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐||22% (32%/30%)|
|Molten Bursa||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||14%|
|Glavenus Hardfang (Break Head)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||16% (66%)|
|Glavenus Hellshell (Break Back)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||11% (65%)|
|Glavenus Tailedge||Master Rank ⭐⭐||9%|
|Glavenus Mantle (Break Head)||Master Rank ⭐||2% (2%)|
|Heavy Dragonvein Bone||Master Rank ⭐⭐||37%|
|Smoldering Tailedge||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||63%|
|Spiritvein Solidbone||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐||30%|
|Tempered Tailedge||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||61%|
|Spiritvein Gem||Master Rank ⭐⭐||9%|
Glavenus Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Glavenus Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- Can be lured with ??
- Camouflage works until ?? range
- It is known as the "Cutting Wyvern"
- Its battle music theme is "The Scorching Blade"
- The inspiration of Glavenus's design was the "Land counterpart of Rathalos."
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Alatreon ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fatalis ♦ Frostfang Barioth ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros