Diablos is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). ディアブロス (角竜) in Japanese.
The apex monster of the Wildspire Waste.
A menacing, territorial beast that lurks underground.
Loud noises will cause it to lunge out of the sand in search of prey.
Diablos Details & Locations
- Found in Wildspire Waste
- Target of Quests: Horned Tyrant Below the Sands, Twin Spires Upon the Sands, Special Arena: Diablos, Well, That Diablos!, RRRRRumble in the Waste!, Special Arena: HR Diablos, The White Winds of the New World
- Is immediately hostile at medium range
- Attacks other monsters: Barroth, Diablos, Rathian, Deviljho
- Small Monsters version: None
- Variation: Black Diablos
- Size: ♛ 1844.70 ~ ♛ 2620.31
- Species: Flying Wyverns
Diablos Combat Info
- Diablos can burrow and traverse underground quickly, attacking from different angles.
- This monster has an ability that manifests as a loud shout / roar, which can cause Stun. Players may block this by using earplugs.
- Ice is the most effective element against it.
- Weakspots on the head, wings and chest, which can be broken.
- Susceptible to Paralysis.
- Resistant to Fire and Thunder to a lesser degree.
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: Horn, Head, Neck, Tail, Tail Tip
- Orange: Stomach, Back, Left Wing, Right Wing
- White: Left Leg, Right Leg
- Diablos can be forcefully brought to the surface by using loud sounds, such as with a screamer pod, Noios and the Hunting Horn melody Sonic Waves. Its charging attack, while devastatingly powerful, can be baited into colliding with a wildspire, momentarily getting Diablos stuck.
- Diablos is surprisingly quick and has a deceivingly large range, so be ready to dodge whenever the monster begins an animation.
- Diablos is most powerful at the start of the fight. An effective strategy is to kite it around the arena, tiring it out. It is much slower and far less aggressive while exhausted, making the fight much easier.
- When weakened, Diablos will often go to area 14. Here it has access to a new attack, where it burrows into the ground and erupts from the flowing sand walls.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Diablos Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Diablos Ridge (dropped)||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Diablos Tailcase (carve tail)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Diablos Marrow (break back)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Twisted Horn (break horns)||⭐|
|Diablos Ridge + (dropped)||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Diablos Fang||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Diablos Carapace||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Diablos Tailcase (carve tail)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Blos Medulla (break back)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Majestic Horn (break both horns)||High Rank ⭐|
|Wyvern Gem (cut tail)||High Rank ⭐|
|Wyvern Gem||3% Carve and 3% Tail Carve|
|Monster Bone +||⭐⭐⭐|
|Diablos Ridge +||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Diablos Carapace||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Diablos Fang||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Blos Medulla||High Rank⭐⭐|
|Monster Hardbone||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Dash Extract||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Wyvern Gem||High Rank ⭐||3% Capture, 1% Quest Reward, 8% Silver Reward and 16% Gold Reward|
Diablos Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Diablos Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- The Diablos is a herbivore and will eat cacti to restore stamina.
- Diablos is known as the "Horned Wyvern."
Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Brachydios ♦ Deviljho ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Glavenus ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Zorah Magdaros