|Enemy Type||Large Monsters|
( ) when shining
|Resistances||Water (immune, weak when shining)
Ice (immune, resistant when shining)
Fire (immune, resistant when shining)
Thunder (resistant unless shining)
Dragon (completely immune)
Stygian Zinogre is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Stygian Zinogre is the 2nd free major title update for the Iceborne Expansion that is set to be released on December 5, 2019 (March 12, 2020 for the PC). ジンオウガ亜種 (Jinōga ashu) in Japanese. It is a subspecies of Zinogre.
Has a symbiotic relationship with Dracophage Bugs, which it releases like bullets. Becomes even more dangerous when covered in light.
Stygian Zinogre Details & Locations
- Found in: Guiding Lands
- Target of Quests: Across the Lost Path,
- Is hostile when attacked
- Has Turf Wars with: Fulgur Anjanath, Brachydios, Glavenus, Acidic Glavenus, Rathalos, Azure Rathalos, Yian Garuga, Scarred Yian Garuga.
- Size: 1534.27 ~ 2144.49
- Species: Fanged Wyverns
- HP: ~21,000
Stygian Zinogre Combat Info
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head/Forelegs
- Orange: Chest/Back/Hindlegs
- White: Tail
- Enraged mode: Turns red and has large AOE attacks
- Its tail, while severable, is very tough and tenderizing it before attacking it is recommended.
- While Stygian Zinogre is charging up, he will call down a row of "lightning" strikes (Dragon Element) down either side of his body. You can stand under his head for free hits.
- Its powered-up state is cancelled when it flinches or is toppled. When its hide toughens, it becomes more vulnerable to elemental attacks.
- Hunters can catch Dracophage Bugs on Stygian Zinogre by knocking him down while he is in his charged state, then positioning themselves near the monster's back and using the Capture Net.
- When using the Capture Net, be sure to aim for the back. Using the Capture Net on other parts of Stygian Zinogre's body will have no effect.
- Hunters can also obtain Stygian Zinogre Dragonlocks using this method.
- If the hunter successfully catches any Dracophage Bugs using this method, the time that Stygian Zinogre remains in its charged state will be significantly decreased.
Stygian Zinogre Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Stygian Zinogre Master Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Stygian Zinogre Carves (All Master Rank)
|Stygian Zinogre Dragonlocks (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐⭐||25% (28%)|
|Stygian Zinogre Cortex||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||37%|
|Stygian Zinogre Dragonhold||⭐⭐⭐||15%|
|Stygian Zinogre Hardclaw||⭐⭐⭐||12%|
|Stygian Zinogre Lash (Tail Carved)||⭐⭐||9% (72%)|
|Stygian Zinogre Skymerald (Tail Carved)||⭐||2% (3%)|
|Dracophage Bug (Dropped only)||⭐⭐⭐||0% (50%)|
Stygian Zinogre Rewards (All Master Rank)
|Stygian Zinogre Dragonlocks (Break Back)||⭐⭐⭐⭐||28% (30%)|
|Stygian Zinogre Cortex (Break Head)||⭐⭐⭐⭐||22% (27%)|
|Stygian Zinogre Dragonhold (Break Back)||⭐⭐⭐||18% (70%)|
|Stygian Zinogre Hardclaw (Break Forelegs)||⭐⭐⭐||12% (70%)|
|Stygian Zinogre Hardhorn (Break Head)||⭐⭐||9% (72%)|
|Stygian Zinogre Skymerald (Break Head)||⭐||1% (1%)|
Stygian Zinogre Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the monster:
Notes & Trivia
- It is known as "Hell Wolf Wyvern Emperor of Hell".