Stygian Zinogre is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Stygian Zinogre is the 2nd free major title update for the Iceborne Expansion that is set to be released on December 5, 2019 (March 12, 2020 for the PC). ジンオウガ亜種 (Jinōga ashu) in Japanese. It is a subspecies of Zinogre.
Has a symbiotic relationship with Dracophage Bugs, which it releases like bullets. Becomes even more dangerous when covered in light.
Stygian Zinogre Details & Locations
- Found in: Guiding Lands (Tundra Region)
- Target of Quests: Across the Lost Path,
- Is hostile when attacked
- Attacks other monsters: Yes/No
- Small Monsters version: n/a
- Size: ♕ 1534.27 ~ ♕ 2179.36
- Species: Fanged Wyverns
- HP (Tempered): ~??
Stygian Zinogre Combat Info
- Elemental Dragon damage monster.
- Weak to Thunder
- Resistant to Ice, Fire Water and Dragon damage
- Kinsect Extract:
- Red: Head & Front Claws
- Orange: Back Legs
- White: Tail
- Enraged mode: Turns red and has large AOE attacks
- You can obtain a Shiny Drops by using flinch shots.
- While Stygian Zinogre is charging up, he will call down a row of "lightning" strikes (Dragon Element) down either side of his body. You can stand under his head for free hits.
- Its powered-up state is cancelled when it flinches or is toppled. When its hide toughens, it becomes more vulnerable to elemental attacks.
Stygian Zinogre Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Stygian Zinogre Master Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Stygian Zinogre Carves (All Master Rank)
|Stygian Zinogre Dragonlocks||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Stygian Zinogre Cortex||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Stygian Zinogre Dragonhold (Break Back)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Stygian Zinogre Lash (Carve Tail)||⭐⭐|
|Stygian Zinogre Hardclaw (Break Forelegs)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Stygian Zinogre Skymerald (Carve Tail, Break Head)||⭐|
|Dracophage Bug (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐|
Stygian Zinogre Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the monster:
Notes & Trivia
- Can be lured with ??
- Camouflage works until ?? range
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Alatreon ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros