Brachydios is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). ブラキディオス (Burakidiosu) in Japanese.
This marine-blue brute wyvern uses its saliva to prime the sticky slime coating its massive arms, rendering it highly explosive."
Brachydios Details & Locations
- Found in: Elder's Recess, The Guiding Lands
- Target of Quests: A Smashing Cross Counter, Secret of the Ooze, Blast Warning In Effect!, Big Burly Bash, Special Arena: MR Brachydios.
- Is hostile when approached, will roar two times as a warning before attacking.
- Has Turf Wars with: Azure Rathalos, Rathalos, Odogaron, Ebony Odogaron, Tigrex, Brute Tigrex, Zinogre, Stygian Zinogre
- Size: 1451.19 ~ 2021.88
- See Raging Brachydios for a special variation.
- Species : Brute Wyverns.
- HP: ~19,136
Brachydios Combat Info
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head, Arms
- Orange: Body, Tail
- White: Legs
- Enraged mode: Green slime will turn yellow
- Monster stomps slime prints that explode when they turn red.
- The slime prints are also acidic and will deal chip damage on touch. They may also cause Blastscourge
- Some of the slime prints are thicker than the others. Walking through them will impede the hunter's movement.
- Blast Resistance will help prevent Blastscourge. Full immunity is advised, as Blastscourge is very hard to get rid of (4-5 rolls)
- Hitting Brachydios' hands with Water or Ice damage will wash off the slime, preventing explosions and slime from that hand, until Brachydios reapplies the slime with its mouth.
- Brachydios' hands can also be broken, permanently preventing it from coating the respective hand with slime. Its head can also be broken, however, it takes tremendeous damage for it to break
- For whatever reason, even if Brachydios' hands aren't covered with slime, they can still cause Blastscourge.
- When in his enraged mode, the slime will starts off yellow and turns red much faster, exploding within a few seconds
- Brachydios also gains two new attacks, one sees him blasting a long straight line with an instant explosion, the other sees him slam his fists and head in the ground to create explosions all around him
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Brachydios Master Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Brachydios Cortex (Dropped)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||32% (28%)|
|Fine Brachydios Ebonshell||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐||24|
|Brachydios Pounder+||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||19%|
|Brachydios Crown||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||14%|
|Brachydios Lash (Tail Carved)||Master Rank ⭐⭐||9% (70%)|
|Glowing Slime (Dropped)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||14% (50%)|
|Brachydios Pallium (Tail Carved)||Master Rank ⭐||2% (3%)|
|Brachydios Cortex||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐||32%|
|Fine Brachydios Ebonshell||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐||24%|
|Glowing Slime||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||14%|
|Brachydios Pounder+ (Break Forelegs)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||19% (97%)|
|Brachydios Crown (Break Head)||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||14% (66%)|
|Brachydios Lash||Master Rank ⭐⭐||9%|
|Heavy Dragonvein Bone||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||63% if slain, 37% if captured|
|Glossy Ebonshell||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐ ⭐||37% if slain, 63% if captured|
|Spiritvein Solidbone||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐||30%|
|Spiritvein Gem||Master Rank⭐⭐||9%|
|Tempered Ebonshell||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||61%|
Brachydios Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Brachydios Monster.
Notes & Trivia
- It is known as the "Crushing Wyvern".
- It's name comes from the latin Brachium that means "Arm" and when translated into Japanese, the word resembles obsidian, which is what Brachydios' shell is made of.
- It is the second monster (after Viper Tobi-Kadachi) to add a status effect not seen in the base game of Monster Hunter World.
- However, unlike Viper Tobi-Kadachi, it is (currently) the only monster that can inflict the status effect it introduces, that being Blastscourge.
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Alatreon ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fatalis ♦ Frostfang Barioth ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros