Scarred Yian Garuga
|Enemy Type||Large Monsters|
Guiding Lands - Forest Level 6 and above
Ancient Forest (Investigations and Event only)
Scarred Yian Garuga is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW). 傷ついたイャンガルルガ (kizutsuita iyan garuga) in Japanese. This monster only shows up after leveling the Guiding Lands (Forest Region) to level 6 and above.
A tempered Yian Garuga that survived a grueling battle with just a scar on its head. Be careful of its successive attacks.
Scarred Yian Garuga Details & Locations
- Found in: only appears at Guiding Lands Forest Level 6 and above.
- Once unlocked, you can get Investigations to hunt it.
- Target of Quests: Scars Tell the Whole Story (6 Event Quest)
- See Yian Garuga for regular variant of this monster.
- Is hostile when approached and extremely aggressive
- Has Turf Wars with: Rajang, Zinogre, Stygian Zinogre.
- Size: 1250.11 ~ 1722.37
- Species: Bird Wyverns
- HP : Varies wildly from ~16,000 to ~21,000
Scarred Yian Garuga Combat Info
- Kinsect Extracts:
- Red: Head
- Orange: Body/Tail
- White: Wings/Legs
- Like the regular Yian Garuga, its head is easily breakable, and it's quick to run out of stamina. It behaves differently when flying short distances though, so be careful
- Its tail swipe inflicts poison and can one-shot Rare 10 armor wearers.
- It becomes immune to Pitfall Traps and destroys them when enraged.
- Attacks in quick succession launching airborne fireball
- It's extremely aggressive and fast
- Enraged mode: ??
Scarred Yian Garuga Weaknesses
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
Detailed weakness information(Legend Explanation: here)
Credits to AsteriskAmpersand, Deathcream and MoonBunnie.
Scarred Yian Garuga Master Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Scarred Yian Garuga Carves
|Garuga Shard (Dropped/Tail Carved)||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||32% (50% / 25%)|
|Garuga Silverpelt (Dropped)||⭐⭐⭐||19% (28%)|
|Garuga Lash (Tail Carved only)||⭐⭐||0% (70%)|
|Fey Wyvern Gem (Tail Carved)||⭐||5% (5%)|
Scarred Yian Garuga Rewards
|Garuga Cortex (Break Back/Wings)||⭐⭐⭐||18% (30% / 35%)|
|Garuga Shard (Break Beak)||⭐⭐⭐||13% (35%)|
|Garuga Silverpelt (Break Ear/Back)||⭐⭐⭐||12% (30% / 70%)|
|Fancy Beak (Break Beak)||⭐⭐⭐||14% (65%)|
|Garuga Fellwing (Break Wings)||⭐⭐||9% (65%)|
|Garuga Auricle (Break Ear only)||⭐||0% (70%)|
Scarred Yian Garuga Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Scarred Yian Garuga Monster. These are unconfirmed and pre-release information for now!
Notes & Trivia
- It is known as the "Black Wolf Bird" like regular Yian Garuga, since it is the same technically the same species, just battle-tempered.
- It has the least unique parts out of any monster, with only the Scratched Shell distinguishing it from regular Yian Garuga.
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Alatreon ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fatalis ♦ Frostfang Barioth ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros