Deviljho is a Brute Wyvern in Monster Hunter World (MHW). イビルジョー (恐暴竜) in Japanese. It was added in a free update on March 22, 2018(Console) & September 6,2018(PC) and was not part of the game's original launch.
A monster that must feed constantly and will devour anything in its path, even feeding on the largest of monsters with its massive jowls.
Deviljho Details & Locations
- Found in: all Biomes.
- Target of Assignment Quest (Find a blue exclamation mark near the quest board in Astera's Tradeyard): The Food Chain Dominator
- Is immediately hostile at any range
- Will attack anything. Has unique Turf Wars with Diablos and Bazelgeuse, and a shared Turf War with Legiana and Rathalos.
- Has the unique ability to swing smaller monsters around as a weapon. Some include: Great Jagras, Kulu-Ya-Ku, Tzitzi-Ya-Ku, Tobi-Kadachi, Odogaron, Great Girros and Dodogama. If these monsters are on low health he kills them with the throw animation then proceeds to eat them. For monsters too big to pick up, he will occasionally "take a bite," out of them, dealing a decent amount of damage (seems to be 500, even in solo). For these reasons, he can serve as a valuable "ally," for a hunter, so long as they steer clear of him.
- Will eat from corpses of slain large monsters.
- Small Monsters version: None
- Sizes: ♕1816.16 ~ ♕2517.86
- Species: Brute Wyverns
Deviljho will invade 6★ Quests, 7★ Quests, and high rank expeditions once players have completed the investigation for the “??? Rathian” in the main story. When players load up they will get a prompt saying that Deviljho is found somewhere in the world. For the fastest way to find him:
- Load up your world map and check all the locations for a ??? Monster
- If there is no ??? Monster, head to any area.
- Once in that area, bring up your world map again and check again to see if he appeared
- Once you find ??? Monster, head into that area.
It is best to collect his tracks and capture him but slaying him is fine too. Note that you do not have to hunt him at this point, collecting tracks is enough. After players have done so, head back to Astera to check in with the jovial researcher for a cutscene; this will unlock the Deviljho special assignment. Players will have to hunt a Deviljho in Ancient Forest. Hunters will be able to acquire the new mantle, Dragonproof Mantle, after completing the mission.
- Increases dragon damage while increasing dragon resistance.
- This mantle will be good while using Deviljho’s weapons or any dragon element weapon.
Deviljho Combat Info
- This monster deals Dragon and Dragonblight damage
- Deviljho is weak to Thunder and Dragon
- Hunters should attack its weakpoints in the Head, Belly and Tail, which can be broken
- The monster is susceptible to abnormal status ailments
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Deviljho Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
Deviljho Carves (All High Rank)
|Deviljho Scale (break chest)||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Deviljho Tallfang (break head)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Deviljho Saliva (dropped)||⭐⭐⭐|
|Deviljho Tail (cut tail)||⭐⭐|
|Deviljho Gem (break head, chest or tail)||⭐|
Deviljho Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Deviljho Monster.
Set Bonus: None
Set Bonus: None
Set Bonus: None
Notes & Trivia
- This Monster is of the Brute Wyvern species.
- A popular fan nickname for Deviljho is The Pickle, or Picklejho.
- Deviljho is known as the "Violent Wyvern".
Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Lunastra ♦ Nergigante ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Teostra ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Zorah Magdaros