Lunastra is an Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter World (MHW). ナナ・テスカトリ
(Nana Tesukatori) in Japanese.
A rare female Elder Dragon that litters the air with hot blue dust. Reports of it traveling with her mate, Teostra, are still unconfirmed.
Lunastra Details & Locations
- Found in: Elder's Recess, Wildspire Waste
- Target of Quest: Pandora's Arena, No Remorse, No Surrender, Infernal Monarchy, Blue Prominence, Infernal Monarchy, The Thronetaker, When Blue Dust Surpasses Red Lust, One Hot Night in the Spire
- Is immediately hostile at long range. Lunastra is more aggressive than Teostra because of the mating season.
- Attacks other monsters: Yes
- Small Monsters version: (none)
- Female version of Teostra
- Sizes: 1609.24 ~ 2285.85
- Species: Elder Dragons
- Lunastra is available in Iceborne at MR 50 or higher.
Lunastra Combat Info
- Deals Fire Damage
- Is immune to Fire
- Weak to Ice and Dragon Damage
- Moderately weak to Stun and Blast Damage
- The Head, Wings and Tail are the weak spots.
- Using the Fireproof Mantle is recommended for this fight.
- Combat tactics: Blue flames do not apply fire blight, but they do heat damage. Lunastra heats the air around her enough that cool drinks are required to prevent damage from the air. Her supernova attack has very large range and boasts twice. There is a special bond move where she combines her blast with Teostra to blast three times with a larger range and damage. Use Astera Jerkey after her first nova blast to heal red health on your bar and increase recovery. If Nergigante appears there is a rare turf war that does approximately 2000 damage to Lunastra. Kushala Daora can also have a turf war with her that does approximately 3000 damage to both participants. Use these to your advantage when fighting her.
- Aim for her wings when she is downed if using a sever damaging weapon which is her highest weak-point for those types of weapons while head for blunt. while standing it is best to use a blunt weapon on her head or ammo on her tail. if using a sever weapon while standing her wings can be struck but for low reaching weapons its best to attack hind legs for the hit zone values there are higher then the rest of her ground level body parts until she is downed.
- Lunastra's high body temperature and dust saps away health unless you use a Cool Drink, Heat Guard skill, and/or Fireproof mantle. Its dust and blue flame explode when it comes into contact with Fire, so use a bomb or Crystalburst.
- On top of shielding you from Lunastra's heat aura, Heat Guard will also protect you from the puddles of fire it puts on the floor, but it will not protect you from Fireblight.
- Using Flash Pods against Lunastra will not force her to plummet from the sky. It will also cause her to use supernova if she is charged with her aura. However, using Flash Pods don't always cause her to do this, occasionally (and always when mounted) she will flinch or be blinded but not use her ultimate.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
Detailed weakness information(Legend Explanation: here)
Credits to AsteriskAmpersand, Deathcream and MoonBunnie.
Lunastra Carves and Rewards
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Lunastra Scale + (dropped)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Carapace||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Tail (carve tail)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Wing (break wing)||High Rank⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Mane||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Gem (break head, break tail, dropped)||High Rank⭐||2% Carve, 3% Tail Carve and 2% Head Break|
|Lunastra Horn (break head)||High Rank⭐|
|Lunastra Shard||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Cortex||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Mane+ (dropped)||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Hardhorn||Master Rank⭐⭐|
|Large Elder Dragon Gem (dropped, head broken, or carved from tail)||Master Rank⭐|
|Lunastra Gem||Master Rank⭐|
|Lunastra Fellwing (wings broken)||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Hardhorn (head broken)||Master Rank⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Lash (tail carved)||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Carapace||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Scale +||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Horn||High Rank ⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Mane||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Wing||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Elder Dragon Bone||High Rank ⭐⭐|
|Elder Dragon Blood||High Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Gem||High Rank ⭐||6% Silver Reward and 13% Gold Reward|
|Lunastra Cortex||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Shard||Master Rank ⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Lash||Master Rank⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Hardhorn||Master Rank|
|Lunastra Mane +||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Fellwing||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Large Elder Dragon Bone||Master Rank⭐⭐|
|Pure Dragon Blood||Master Rank⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Gem||Master Rank⭐|
|Elder Dragonvein Bone||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Azure Mane||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Elder Spiritvein Bone||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Tempered Azure Mane||Master Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Great Spiritvein Gem||Master Rank⭐|
Lunastra Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Lunastra Monster.
This collection of weapons can only be obtained through the 'The Thronetaker" event, completing the special assignments featuring Lunastra.
Notes & Trivia
- Paired with Teostra is the first bond special attack
- First monster in Monster Hunter World to use blue flames
Acidic Glavenus ♦ Alatreon ♦ Ancient Leshen ♦ Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Banbaro ♦ Barioth ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Beotodus ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Blackveil Vaal Hazak ♦ Brachydios ♦ Brute Tigrex ♦ Coral Pukei-Pukei ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Ebony Odogaron ♦ Fatalis ♦ Frostfang Barioth ♦ Fulgur Anjanath ♦ Furious Rajang ♦ Glavenus ♦ Gold Rathian ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Leshen ♦ Namielle ♦ Nargacuga ♦ Nergigante ♦ Nightshade Paolumu ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Raging Brachydios ♦ Rajang ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Ruiner Nergigante ♦ Safi'jiiva ♦ Savage Deviljho ♦ Scarred Yian Garuga ♦ Seething Bazelgeuse ♦ Shara Ishvalda ♦ Shrieking Legiana ♦ Silver Rathalos ♦ Stygian Zinogre ♦ Teostra ♦ Tigrex ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Velkhana ♦ Viper Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Yian Garuga ♦ Zinogre ♦ Zorah Magdaros