Lunastra is a Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter World (MHW). ナナ・テスカトリ
(Nana Tesukatori) in Japanese.
A rare female Elder Dragon that litters the air with hot blue dust. Reports of it traveling with her mate, Teostra, are still unconfirmed.
Lunastra Details & Locations
- Found in: Elder's Recess, Wildspire Waste
- Target of Quest: Pandora's Arena, No Remorse, No Surrender, Infernal Monarchy, Blue Prominence, The Thronetaker
- Is immediately hostile at ?? range
- Attacks other monsters: yes
- Small Monsters version: n/a - Female version of Teostra
- Sizes: ♛ 1645.81 ~ ♛ 2267.56
- Species: Elder Dragons
- Completing this questline unlocks the special Temporal Mantle
Lunastra Combat Info
- Deals Fire Damage
- Is immune to Fire
- Weak to Ice and Dragon Damage
- Moderately weak to Stun and Blast Damage
- The Head, Wings and Tail are the weak spots.
- Using the Fireproof Mantle is recommended for this fight.
- Combat tactics: Blue flames do not apply fire blight, but they do heat damage. Lunastra heats the air around her enough that cool drinks are required to prevent damage from the air. Her supernova attack has very large range and boasts twice. There is a special bond move where she combines her blast with Teostra to blast three times with a larger range and damage. Use Astera Jerkey after her first nova blast to heal red health on your bar and increase recovery. If Nergigante appears there is a rare turf war that does approximately 2000 damage to Lunastra. Kushala Daora can also have a turf war with her that does approximately 3000 damage to both participants. Use these to your advantage when fighting her.
- Lunastra's high body temperature and dust saps away health unless you use a Cool Drink. Its dust and blue flame explode when it comes into contact with Fire, so use a bomb or Crystalburst.
Each ⭐star shown below represents more weakness to each ailment
In-game weakness information
Lunastra Low and High Rank Carves
Defeating this monster allows the player to carve the following items:
|Fire Dragon Scale + (dropped)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Carapace||High Rank⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Claw +||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Horn + (break head)||High Rank⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Mane||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Gem (break head, break tail)||High Rank⭐||2% Carve, 3% Tail Carve and 2% Head Break|
|Lunastra Tail (break tail)||High Rank⭐⭐⭐|
|Lunastra Webbing (break wings)||High Rank⭐⭐|
Lunastra Weapons & Armor
Armor and Weapons related to the Lunastra Monster.
This collection of weapons can only be obtained through the 'The Thronetaker" event, completing the special assignments featuring Lunastra.
Notes & Trivia
- Paired with Teostra is the first bond special attack
- First monster in Monster Hunter World to use blue flames
Anjanath ♦ Azure Rathalos ♦ Barroth ♦ Bazelgeuse ♦ Behemoth ♦ Black Diablos ♦ Deviljho ♦ Diablos ♦ Dodogama ♦ Great Girros ♦ Great Jagras ♦ Jyuratodus ♦ Kirin ♦ Kulu-Ya-Ku ♦ Kulve Taroth ♦ Kushala Daora ♦ Lavasioth ♦ Legiana ♦ Nergigante ♦ Odogaron ♦ Paolumu ♦ Pink Rathian ♦ Pukei-Pukei ♦ Radobaan ♦ Rathalos ♦ Rathian ♦ Teostra ♦ Tobi-Kadachi ♦ Tzitzi-Ya-Ku ♦ Uragaan ♦ Vaal Hazak ♦ Xeno'jiiva ♦ Zorah Magdaros