Poison is a Status Effect in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Poison will slowly drain a target's Health.
- Triggering the effect requires buildup inflicted by:
- Buildup damage is modified by a Monster's resistance to Poison.
- Deals damage in nine ticks over 18 seconds. Damage of each tick is dependent upon the Monster's resistance to Poison, and is doubled when affecting High Rank Monsters.
- 10 damage if weak to Poison (⭐⭐⭐) for 90 total
- 8 damage if neutral against Poison (⭐⭐) for 72 total
- 4 damage if strong against Poison (⭐) for 45 total
- 0 damage if completely resistant to Poison ()
- Effect is identifiable by purple saliva hanging from a Monster's mouth.
- Each successive trigger of Poison requires more buildup than the last, but deals the same amount of damage each time.
On the Player and Allies
- Inflicts damage over time and leaves recoverable Health.
- The effect can be recognized by this symbol: on the HUD
- Can be cured with Antidote or Herbal Medicine
Monsters and Poison
The following Monsters cause Poison:
The following Monsters are weak to Poison:
The following Monsters are resistant to Poison:
- Great Girros
- Pink Rathian
- Azure Rathalos
- Vaal Hazak
- Kulve Taroth
The following Monsters are immune to Poison:
The following Skills and Equipment modify Poison on Monsters and the Player
Equipment that Wields Poison
The following Equipment can cause Poison buildup: