|Damage Type||Cut Damage|
Dual Blades (双剣 sou ken, "paired swords") is a weapon category in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Like all Weapons, it features a unique moveset and an upgrade path that branches out depending on the materials used. Please see Weapon Mechanics for details on the basics of your hunter tools.
Use dual blades to unleash a whirlwind of combo attacks on your enemy. Though they're lightweight and relatively simple to use, they cannot be used to guard.
Dual Blades Weapon Tree
For full details, please see Dual Blades Weapon Tree
Dual Blades Traits & Abilities
- Fast and agile, the dual blades are perfect to chain long and high-damage combos
- Demon Mode and Archdemon mode allow hunters to get even more attack speed and damage
- Their rapid nature make Dual Blades ideal for applying status effects.
Dual Blades Guide
The Dual Blades are a whirlwind of blades that never stops. They forgo all defense for a relentless offense with the highest attack speed in the game. Dual Blades chain together attacks rapidly, and rack up dozens of hits in the span of seconds. In their normal form, their attacks are basic slashes that can be adjusted on the fly and they have normal dodges. Hunters can also go into Demon Mode, which increases their attack damage, changes their attack moves, grants resistance to knockback and changes their dodge to a quick dash. While in Demon Mode, hunters chain together even longer attacks, and build up a meter which lets them enter Archdemon Mode. Archdemon mode further increases attack damage, and changes the moveset even when not in Demon Mode. The meter for Archdemon Mode will decay over time, requiring Demon Mode to keep it full. Demon Mode drains stamina while it's active. Mastering the flow of combat, and the flow from basic mode to Demon Mode and then to Archdemon mode, will turn hunters into an unstoppable flurry of blades.
You can perform a Midair Spinning Blade Dance after jumping off a ledge with a Demon Dodge.
You can enter Archdemon Mode by landing attacks while in Demon Mode and maxing out the Demon Gauge. There are some special attacks only available in this mode.
Heavenly Blade Dance
Heavenly Blade Dance is an impressive flurry of slashes that carves a path down the full length of a monster.
Dual Blades Advantages
- Deals fast and High Damage if combos connect.
- "Demon" and "Archdemon" modes can chain combos causing extremely high damage without fear of bouncing off the target.
- Certain Dual Blades have a different element or status effect on each blade.
Dual Blades Disadvantages
- Each attack is low in damage
- Cannot guard or block - meaning players must roll instead, which cannot be done when mid-combo.
- Sharpness deterioration is fast
- Shortest range of all melee weapons.
- The "Demon" mode drains stamina until the player manually stops it.
Dual Blades Controls
Each move has its own hidden Combo Move multiplier (CM), which is used when calculating Raw (physical) Damage. See the article on Attack Power for more information.
Note: These figures are estimations reached through community testing.
- : Standard Attack (Can be chained up to 4 times) CM:
- Double Slash: 9 + 10
- Double Slash Return: 10 + 10
- Rotation Slash: 10 + 11 + 11
- Demonized Reverse Slash: 13
- Demonized Double Slash: 15 + 9
- Demonized 6-Step Slash: 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 16 + 16
- While moving, : Lunging Strike (Can be chained up to 4 times) CM:
- Draw Slash: 4 + 4 + 5 + 5
- Demon Rush Slash (during Arch Demon): 5 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 9 + 9
- Rotation Slash (after Rush Slash): 16 + 8 + 5
- While jumping from a ledge in Demon Mode, : Cartwheel Attack (Attack extends if first few swings hit) CM:
- Aerial Rotation Demon Dance: 11 * number of hits
- Rotating Demon Dance Finish: 21 + 21 + 11
- While in Demon/Archdemon Mode, + : Blade Dance. CM:
- Demon Dance (in Demon Stance): 18 + 18 + 6 + 6 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 11 + 11 + 13 + 13 + 8 + 21
- Demon Continuous Slash (in Archdemon Stance): 10 + 10 + 8 + 8 + 4 + 18 + 18
- : Enter Demon Mode/Cancel Demon Mode
Note 1: Demon Mode changes your basic moves and dodge ability, but the controls are the same.
Note 2: and attacks can be chained together freely.
Dual Blades are a type of Weapon in Monster Hunter World (MHW). This page shows a visual gallery of all different styles for Dual Blades. Weapons are often upgraded based on previous decisions, with different paths leading to different looks and necessitating different materials. You can find detailed upgrade path information in the Dual Blades Weapon Tree or by clicking each individual weapon below.
Dual Blades Gallery MHW
Dual Blades Ore Weapons
Dual Blades Bone Weapons