|Damage Type||Cut Damage|
Dual Blades (双剣) is a weapon category in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Like all Weapons, it features a unique moveset and an upgrade path that branches out depending on the materials used. Please see Weapon Mechanics for details on the basics of your hunter tools.
Dual Blades Weapon Tree
For full details, please see Dual Blades Weapon Tree
Dual Blades Traits & Abilities
- Fast and agile, the dual blades are perfect to chain long and high-damage combos
- Demon Mode and Archdemon mode allow hunters to get even more attack speed and damage
- Their rapid nature make Duel Blades ideal for applying status effects.
Dual Blades Guide
Dual Blades Advantages
- Deals fast and High Damage if combos connect.
- "Demon" and "Archdemon" modes can chain combos causing extremely high damage without fear of bouncing off the target.
- Certain Duel Blades have a diffrent element or status effect on each blade.
Dual Blades Disadvantages
- Each attack is low in damage
- Cannot guard or block - meaning players must roll instead, which cannot be done when mid-combo.
- Sharpness deterioration is fast
- Shortest range of all melee weapons.
- The "Demon" and "Archdemon" modes drain stamina until the player manually stops it.
Dual Blades Controls
- Triangle: Standard Attack (Can be chained up to 4 times)
- While moving, Circle: Lunging Strike (Can be chained up to 4 times)
- While jumping from a ledge in Demon Mode, Triangle: Cartwheel Attack (Attack extends if first few swings hit)
- While in Demon/Archdemon Mode, Triangle + Circle: Blade Dance
- R2: Enter Demon Mode/Cancel Demon Mode
Note 1: Demon Mode changes your basic moves and dodge ability, but the controls are the same.
Note 2: Tirangle and Circle attacks can be chained together freely.
|All Dual Blades Alphabetical|