- Triggering the effect requires buildup inflicted by:
- Buildup damage is modified by a Monsters resistance to Paralysis.
- When Paralysis is triggered, the Monster will stop all motion and remain incapacitated, convulsing for about seven seconds until the effect expires.
- Effect is identifiable by electricity-like yellow arcs surrounding the Monster.
- Each successive trigger of Paralysis requires more buildup than the last, but the effect duration remains the same.
On the Player and Allies
- Causes the Hunter to be immediately incapacitated and susceptible to increased damage for several seconds. Only impacts with large amounts of knockback, such as an upswing from a Hammer or Great Sword, will stop the effect early.
- The effect can be recognized by this symbol: on the HUD
- Cannot be cured by the victim once the effect starts.
Monsters and Paralysis
The following Monsters cause Paralysis:
The following Monsters are weak to Paralysis:
The following Monsters are resistant to Paralysis:
The following Monsters are immune to Paralysis:
The following Skills and Equipment modify Paralysis on Monsters and the Player
Equipment that Wields Paralysis
The following Equipment can cause Paralysis buildup.