Items in Monster Hunter World are Equipment that Hunters can take into the field in their Item Pouch. This page provides a list of links to information on how to acquire and use any Item.
Acquisition, Use, and Storage of Items
There are a few sources outside of gathering from which a Hunter can acquire Items:
- All Plants and Insects, as well as Honey, can be cultivated at the Botanical Research Center in Astera to facilitate crafting large amounts of Items.
- Whenever the Argosy arrives in Astera's Tradeyard, they can bring in most Items - from restoratives to tools to plants.
- Tailraider Safaris may also bring back Items and Monster Materials that can be gathered in the Location to which they were sent.
- Provisions Stockpiles can be found in Astera's Tradeyard, the Research Base, and the Gathering Hub. They allow Hunters to purchase many useful Items to prepare for hunts.
Some Items only serve as consumables while in the field, while others serve exclusively as Materials with which a Hunter can make other Items straight from their Pouch. Some can serve as both consumables and Materials. Bowgun Ammo and Bow Coatings serve only as ammunition for Light and Heavy Bowguns and Bows or Materials for upgraded versions of Ammo. There are also several Fixed Items that remain in the Item Pouch and on the Item Bar at all times - these are listed under Tools, Traps, & Bombs.
The Item Pouch, along with many other parts of Hunter Equipment, can be saved into custom arrangements. See Loadouts for information on Item storage and use in the field.
Also see Supply Items for information on Items occasionally supplied to Hunters on Quests.
Items and Skills
The following Skills modify Item usage and effectiveness:
- Free Meal grants a chance to not expend an Item upon consumption
- Item Prolonger extends the effect time of some Items
- Speed Eating decreases the consumption time of Items
- Recovery Up increases the effect of healing Items for the user
- Wide Range causes the effects of many consumable Items to also apply to Allies
- Blindsider increases the success rate of Flash Pods
- Dungmaster increases the success rate of Dung Pods
- Bombardier increases the damage of Barrel Bombs
- Botanist increases the quantity of plant Items gathered
- Mushroomancer allows for the consumption of mushroom Items for bonus effects
- BBQ Master makes it easier to make Well-Done Steaks
- Geologist and Botanist increase gathering amounts from gathering points in the field
This page also contains a list of Appraisal, Trade-In and Ticket Items, all of which can be browsed in the Materials section of the Item Box's "Sell Items" function - with the exception of Decorations, which have their own section.
- Appraisal Items are awarded at the end of Quests, and take the form of Sullied and Shining Streamstones, and Feystones.
- Trade-In Items can be gathered from Monsters during battle (shinies,) brought in by the Argosy, or found while fishing. Their only purpose is to be sold for Zenny.
- Ticket Items are obtained from certain Event Quests, the Arena, and Arch-Tempered Elder Dragon Quests. They serve as Melding ingredients and crafting materials for specific pieces of Armor and Weapons, as well as Delivery Items for Layered Armor. Some Ticket Items may not have "ticket" in the name.
All MHW Items
Restoration & Enhancement
Tools, Traps & Bombs
Plants, Insects, & Fish
& Bow Coatings
Elder Dragon Tickets
Appraisal & Trade-In
Sullied Streamstone and Shining Streamstone
Mysterious, Glowing, Worn, and Warped Feystone
Appraised into Decorations
Dissolved, Melded, Subliminated, and Incandescent Weapon
Appraised into Kulve Taroth Weapons